A slightly more modern RAF type

Well more progress, after deceiding to modify the camo patters on the wings - it was time for the decaling/varnish . The marking for this scheme are fairly limited , roundals , fin flashes , and the Fox head XII squadron badge on the nose. But that was one of the attractions of this scheme - a working hunter , mean and slightly tired ..

hunterproject021.jpg

hunterproject022.jpg

I've appied a sludge wash , and the varnish is Polyscale Matt , which has dried with a rather pleasing slighly glossy sheen

hunterproject023.jpg

Lots and Lots still to do - next the U/C , and Tanks , Canopy etc etc ...Oh well .. off we go ....

This is looking rather good Scotsman! Your panel line wash came out rather well, and the overall effect is quite pleasing. It seems to me you're really not that far off finishing it.

Kev

• 2 weeks later...

Ok - its done - hunter built , and photographed - this time outdoors - see it is sunny in Scotland occasionally - so here she is - Hunter F-6 12 SQ 1988 - oh with a small bonus item ..

hunterproject025.jpg

hunterproject026.jpg

and again

hunterproject027.jpg

and the bonus item - Houchin 48KVA Genny set - from one of flighpath's PE Origami kits - actually i built this one years ago and just re-furbished it for the build

hunterproject031.jpg

If your intrested the FOD guards are Scratchbuilt - and the RBF tags are some left over PE bits I found while clearing up

It really turned out nice! Great final finish.

Aberdeen eh? Been many times. I haven't had a beer at the old school house just off onion street (Union street) in a few years now...

Cheers