A-20 Havoc Wheels in 1/32

Miliminis

Does anyone out there know where I could obtain landing gear wheels to fit an A-20 Havoc or F7F Tigercat in 32nd scale? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Me niether as neither are made in 32 injection or resin.......................................YET. :wicked: I think were ALL hoping Martin and WingXL fix teh A-20 issue.

Me personally, anyone that knows me or sees my avatar should know Id beat up someone small than me to get my hands on a 32nd F7F.

Brian

Does anyone out there know where I could obtain landing gear wheels to fit an A-20 Havoc or F7F Tigercat in 32nd scale? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

I myself used the wheels and tires of a 1/24 Harrier for the main gear and (if memory serves) a monogram 1/32 Mustang (main) wheel/tire as nosewheel for my combat Tigercat:

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=32458&hl=tigercat&st=0

maybe this helps,

J.

Later this year we will be breaking into the Large Scale Aircraft resin business to supplement our Armor and Figure lines. That was why I was asking. Looks like I'll have to have some made, somewhere, somehow!

Later this year we will be breaking into the Large Scale Aircraft resin business to supplement our Armor and Figure lines. That was why I was asking. Looks like I'll have to have some made, somewhere, somehow!

Whilst your making things up, could whip me up a resin, or preferably an injection F7F? (preferably both a -3P and an F7F-3 so I can make both "Big Bossman" and a single seater too.

The Havoc is at the top of the "To-Do" list, the Tigercat would need alot more research as we're missing quite a few details on that one.

Not sure how serious your plans are for an A-20, but I do believe Martin and Co. from WINGXL are scheduled to put a 1/32 A-20 Havoc out in the not to distant future.

Brian

Was very serious, do you know if it will be plastic or resin? If it's resin, we'll still go ahead with that project. If plastic, then we'll move onto the next one.

We're also looking in to "revitalizing" older 32nd scale kits with upgraded parts. Any suggestions out there?

Edited by Miliminis

Combat Models offers F7F wheels/tires for theirs in resin, & IIRC the mains are basically Corsair/Hellcat. I think I saw where they just released an A-20, so they should also have a wheel/tire set for it.

Me niether as neither are made in 32 injection or resin.......................................YET. :wicked: I think were ALL hoping Martin and WingXL fix teh A-20 issue.

Me personally, anyone that knows me or sees my avatar should know Id beat up someone small than me to get my hands on a 32nd F7F.

Brian

Thank you Guys, appreciate the info. Well, scratch the A-20 project, onto the next! Anyone know of some current 32nd scale plastic kits that need a facelift?

32SIG, are you really building a 32nd Warning Star? Love to see it!!!!

Edited by Miliminis

Thank you Guys, appreciate the info. Well, scratch the A-20 project, onto the next! Anyone know of some current 32nd scale plastic kits that need a facelift?

32SIG, are you really building a 32nd Warning Star? Love to see it!!!!

Yes, he is! :D Very interesting read..........and quite an extended build! Iain's EC-12K

I think you may need to define that term....

If I could have I would have. :closedeyes: But I think thats about as close as anyone is coming. I think all we know for sure is it wont be this year.

Just in case you missed it here is a line up of WINGXLs future releases per Martin himself, not withstanding any order or actual release date of any kind:

WINGXL will proceed with the following kits in 1/32 scale:

• North American B-25 C/D Mitchell

• Douglas A-26 Invader

• Douglas A-20 Havoc

• Martin B-26 Marauder

• Northrop P-61 Black Widow

• Lockheed Hudson

• Bristol Beaufighter

• De Havilland Mosquito

Cheers,

Brian

Yes, he is! :D Very interesting read..........and quite an extended build! Iain's EC-12K

If I could have I would have. :closedeyes: But I think thats about as close as anyone is coming. I think all we know for sure is it wont be this year.

Just in case you missed it here is a line up of WINGXLs future releases per Martin himself, not withstanding any order or actual release date of any kind:

WINGXL will proceed with the following kits in 1/32 scale:

• North American B-25 C/D Mitchell

• Douglas A-26 Invader

• Douglas A-20 Havoc

• Martin B-26 Marauder

• Northrop P-61 Black Widow

• Lockheed Hudson

• Bristol Beaufighter

• De Havilland Mosquito

Wasn't there some kind of problem with a certain chinese manufacturer or company "moving-in" on Martin's work or he somehow got the royal shaft? I think I read something like this on the Aeroscale Forums?

Ron

Cheers,

Brian

Edited by Miliminis