1/32 Trumpeter F4F4 Wildcat

modelingbob

Great looking cat, how did you manage this specific paintjob, the weathering looks different from what i've seen in general, i like it very much.

(or is it the picture exposure type?)

Jack.

That's really terrific, Bob! It reminds me of all the Wildcats I have in my stash to build. May I publish yours on the website?

Kev

Yes you can post it to the site. Thanks to everyone for their kind words, this build was a great illustration of "Murphys Law", where whatever could go wrong, did! I almost chucked it against the wall a few times, but eventually got a decent build out of it.

Great looking cat, how did you manage this specific paintjob, the weathering looks different from what i've seen in general, i like it very much.

(or is it the picture exposure type?)

Jack.

Lotsa weathering techniques present on this one; some tried and true, some experimental! Panel lines were preshaded with darker base colors, base colors were airbrushed on, post-shading with base color lightened with 20% white via selective dry brushing (a new technique for me that worked quite nicely!), MiG Dark Wash applied, and finally some pastels brushed atop and blended in, and lastly, a final clear coat of Testors Dullcote to blend and unify.