Next please... 1/32 Hasegawa 109E

Allok

Alright already!

I want to make one of those distinctive, pale sided 109Es to go with the Mk.1 Spitfire.

So, I've got this... particular... model:

928-1.jpg

It's got a lot of bits but it's a model that I would never, now, add to my collection. These poor old Hasegawa Es are destined to be passed from stash to stash by disillusioned model builders all around the world, regardless of how beautiful they make the box-art.

I can't have that:

3.jpg

4.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

So why did I replace the seat?

I just couldn't bring myself to put this in:

5.jpg

Yuk.

Thanks boys.

Nice work Ron, I remember that one.

Even though they look pretty good, there are newer releases with fewer issues. I could replace the cockpit and wheelwells but fixing the fuselage is just something I can't be bothered with anymore.

It's perfect for this excercise, however. I still haven't made up my mind on a Wk number but I want to do a yellow nose with a high demarcation and no mottling.

Anybody out there have any suggestions?

Keith, If you need some decals, let me know.

Cheers Mike, will do.

I'm sure I've got plenty of decals in the left-over file but at the moment, I'm struggling to find a scheme I like.

I might contact the Crandals to see if they can help with some info.

Keith, considering what mother nature is throwing at you at the moment

and all the problems that brings I am totally in awe of your continuing to push ahead with this build.

I salute you Sir!

Phil :speak_cool:

Keith, considering what mother nature is throwing at you at the moment

and all the problems that brings I am totally in awe of your continuing to push ahead with this build.

I salute you Sir!

Phil :BANGHEAD2:

Indeed.

I've managed to crawl out from under the desk a couple of times this week and fired some paint on this kit:

7.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

The cockpit is still very rough but I'm still working on it. I'm not going to go overboard, it's crap and that's fine.

Funny story about the seat.

Since I have a resin Cockpit for my Trumpeter Bf 109e, I thought I'd check in the box to see what the seat was like and maybe steal it.

I couldn't find the bloody thing.

I went through the sprues several times looking for something seat like with no luck. I checked the plans to see if there was supposed to be a seat, plastic, resin or otherwise and found a distinctly seat shaped drawing on the plan with a part number next to it. So I filed throught the sprues again and found...

A gap.

Bag still sealed but it's not floating around in the bottom. Not good.

I probably would have replaced it with a vac seat anyway (If I hadn't already bought a resin one) but I would have been very dissapointed if I was Joe Public.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got the major construction completed.

Here's Markus attacking it with some RLM02.

DSC_0227.jpg

Check out the look of concentration:

DSC_0230.jpg

I'm settling on this scheme which comes with the Trumpeter E. I won't be using it on the Trump kit:

Bf109E3HeinzBar.jpg