Polikarpov I-16 type 24 coming from ICM

RBrown

Am buying. ICM are becoming one of my favourite brands.

We really need more Soviet stuff in 1/32.

Tony

Agreed! If only someone would look at tooling a Pe-2 or a Tu-2 in our scale?

These were significant players in the Great Patriotic War and built in their thousands!

We still don't have a Val or a Kate either so I won't be holding my breath.

Roy, I'd extend that into the jet age.

Most wanted are:

Pe-2

Su-7

Su-15

Su-33 - yeah, I should ge so lucky

MiG-23UB - ditto

MiG-25RB and PD

But happy to have an engine that spins with the propeller behind a cowling. Polikarpov yes please.

Tony

I bought a russian truck from ICM on last Christmas and the quality is very impressive. Even the packaging is neat.

A shame i already have 3 Special Hobby I-16 kits, but if the ICM price is good, no doubt i'd buy one. I have the XXL Begemot decal set, so i have dozens of available schemes to do !

Oh darn anyhow, The I-16 is already kitted. This is similar to the '109s and FW -190 syndrome. Why could they not skip ahead to the Pe-2 for example.

Rick

Probably because they want a modest investment and the hope of a profitable return.

If I were a company getting into 1/32 for the first time, I wouldn't start with a large twin-engine subject with limited mass appeal either.

Sigh. I have the Special Hobby kit already and it seems solid to me.

Must be no money in doing new things anymore.

That might actually be true. I think I remember reading that Kitty Hawk was disappointed with sales of some of its new 1/32 prop kits. And they were new subjects, mostly.

Not all subjects are equally profitable. It makes sense that companies will avoid subjects in which they project little profit.

That might actually be true. I think I remember reading that Kitty Hawk was disappointed with sales of some of its new 1/32 prop kits. And they were new subjects, mostly.

Not all subjects are equally profitable. It makes sense that companies will avoid subjects in which they project little profit.

I haven't bought a single Kitty Hawk yet. The subjects they pick simply don't appeal - and I know they do to others, but obviously not in great enough numbers. I just wished they made the equally random decision to make a Grumman Duck. If alive when and if the Mirage 2000C and Jaguar emerge I will definitely buy.

On ICM, I recently bought their 1/48 Foxbat and am massively impressed by the packaging, fit and sheer fun. They bring joy to modelling. The right level of detail, the right degree of fit, and very finely engraved surface details.

Tony

There are 5 - five! - I-16 kits already out there.

Meh.

Five?

All from Special Hobby, or from something else?

The only version i'd like to have and that i was not able to find is the one with a canopy.