Latin Pony - 1/32 Zoukei Mura F-51D El Salvador

ZachP319

Just finished the Zoukei Mura P-51D as an F-51D with Fuerza Aerea Salvadorena during and after the Soccer War with Honduras in 1969. My main reference was Aerofax Datafile on Latin American Mustangs which is a great resource for those wishing to do a Mustang from South of the Border. The decals are from the spares box, Aztec Models and Eagle Strike for the letters and numbers. The fin flashes are painted as I had none in decal form. Stencils are from the kit decals but I kept them minimal as I have never noted many stencils on FAS Mustangs. Most of the camo was hastily applied right before hostilities broke out and many of the Mustangs were former civil aircraft acquired by the FAS and rearmed in country to attempt to correct the imbalance of forces between the FAS and the much larger FAH. Photos show that FAS Mustangs were in some cases very weathered and while I did not let it go entirely I did add some grime to this one though it does not show though all that well in the photos. 

I would like to note that I really hate this kit. It is likely a matter of style as this kit is more appropriate to those who want to bare the mustangs innards to the world rather than me who prefers a more buttoned up aircraft. For me it was just too modular and fiddly in construction and in many cases I felt I was modeling for god as only he and I would know what was beneath the surface. The modular nature led to fit issues and it just wasn't a fun build. But it's a Mustang so I stuck it out and I really do like the final result. 

MOiRIwq.jpg

eFHkYHb.jpg

Flzc8zU.jpg

CEE7tuL.jpg

IUAWu6r.jpg

CntLtp6.jpg

Zach