NOOBish AOOB #2 En svensk Stork

AndersN

Nice to see you here Maru :)

Actually I'm building the incredibly boring overall plain olive green/grey swedish S 14A, not the interesting camouflaged german Storch...

Some facts about this Stork:

(S for Spaning or Recon) S 14A, Fv-nr 3805, W.nr 4370, accepted by the air force jan 15 1940 and exported back to Deutschland or Österreich in 1961 but never registered.

This is the only Stork in this painting scheme (prewar m/37) that I've found that can be built straight OOB from the Hasegawa kit (I will of course now learn that this is not the case.)

Also, the only pictured aircraft that I've seen which has the machine gun installed.

Edited by AndersN

Thanks guys..

Unique, indeed, I've never seen one in this painting scheme in ANY scale...

First problem is 1/32 m/37 three crowns (without yellow ring)...they do not exist. I'll have to improvise with 1/48 decals...I will NOT mask the crowns...not in 1/32...

Other markings completed:

S14A3805F3-51-32.jpg

Next problem is to find pictures (or drawings) that clearly show the old antenna installation... Perhaps the new Mushroom Fi 156 book will help out? Nope.

Edited by AndersN

• 6 months later...

Hehe hey there...resurrecting old forgotten builds are we :)

I have in fact assembled engine and cockpit. I suspect the glue is dry now, as it's been 6 months.......perhaps it's time for some paint?

Cheers :)

• 3 weeks later...

:wub: Love it Anders (I never knew that one of those flew in Svensk colours!). I also have this kit but no ideas of what to do with it in terms of either AM parts or just something out of the ordinary (looks like you have found a nice solution).

Derek

:wub: Love it Anders (I never knew that one of those flew in Svensk colours!). I also have this kit but no ideas of what to do with it in terms of either AM parts or just something out of the ordinary (looks like you have found a nice solution).

Derek

Yeah, we had 26 Storks, many of them flying till 1961.

...So do we get to see the pictures.. :hmmm: :shrug:

6months. ..are you sure you have had enough time for the glue to bind....maybe you need another day ... :rofl: :rofl:

Oh, you want pictures?

Here is a picture for you :)

DSCN7467.jpg

Cheers

• 3 months later...