How to add the Tamiya tail to the Revell Mustang...

williamj

Hi Brian, they (all 3) of the Tamiya canopies should fit

as they're all the same dimensionally except for the bulges.

One of them is the flat (relatively speaking) sided -5 version.

Thanks Mike! I was hoping that was the case, although I might at some point try it for myself. Even though Ill likely wait to do the late filleted version till Revell puts theirs out.

Cheers, 

Here's the rest of the set-up, thought maybe others would like to have it in case they do a post-war RCAF Mustang. This is the late arrangement of signals equipment with the ARN-6 radio-compass (the one with the black housing on the spine). There were a couple of other earlier radio/signals combinations that you can see in photos from earlier periods. I am researching and working to have all this published.

Note that the frame under the equipment is different than that provided in the kit. It has two parallel beams running from front to back of the compartment.

SCR-695 set with rack.

G8WL9qzl.jpg

VHF radio

oTTBxfWl.jpg

ARN-6 receiver and associated equipment:

aqhzXknl.jpg

Edited by R Palimaka

Here's the rest of the set-up, thought maybe others would like to have it in case they do a post-war RCAF Mustang. This is the late arrangement of signals equipment with the ARN-6 radio-compass (the one with the black housing on the spine). There were a couple of other earlier radio/signals combinations that you can see in photos from earlier periods. I am researching and working to have all this published.

Note that the frame under the equipment is different than that provided in the kit. It has two parallel beams running from front to back of the compartment.

SCR-695 set with rack.

G8WL9qzl.jpg

VHF radio

oTTBxfWl.jpg

ARN-6 receiver and associated equipment:

aqhzXknl.jpg

Thanks for this....will be very helpful.