Image Posting Tutorials

LSP_Kevin

Howdy folks,

We understand that for many members, new and old alike, posting images to the forums can be tough to figure out at first. We've been meaning to address this for some time by creating a set of tutorial posts that deal with the various popular image hosting services, but as always, time has been our enemy. We've now finally created a new section in the LSP Forum Info forum, called (oddly enough) Posting Images:

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showforum=91

K2 has kicked things off with a tutorial on hosting and posting images from ImageShack, and we aim to add more soon. For those services that no one on staff uses or is familiar with, we may call on various members to write something up for us.

Stay tuned for more!

Kev

This would be brilliant Kev. 

I just started with Photoshop and got the hang of it and then took a job in Singapore.  Things were delayed while I was setting up here obviously.  Once settled in SIN the PS catastrophe happened.  *&^%! 

I now have things lined up with Imgur.  I can get my image into Imgur and I coping the image address but I can't seem to get the image to show up when I paste it here?  Only the address shows?   Hmmmmm.

I'm certainly looking forward to reading your tutorials.  Thanks again Kev and a great topic for discussion.   

Troy

So I can't use FB anymore ?

I'm confused. FB means Facebook, and it's perfectly OK to link images from there to here. What you can't use is Photobucket (PB), as they changed their terms of service some months ago, and disallowed third-party hosting and linking on all but their US$400-per-year account. On other accounts, you just get the PB ransom image. There is a browser plug-in around which defeats it, but it doesn't always work. I initially could see the image you posted (Airfix kit, can't remember which), but now I can't.

So, we've all been abandoning Photobucket in droves for months, as it's perfectly useless for hosting and posting forum images now. And this is why we've started creating tutorials dedicated to using other solutions. Photobucket is a dirty word on the Internet now, and doesn't deserve anyone's support any longer.

Kev