Tamiya 1/32 F4U-1A

Wolf Buddee

Ha. My Corsair is over a year and a half. My 38 was 6 yrs. No my friend, you cant slow me down any more. LOL.....Harv

Edited by Guest

Well, I for one am glad to see you back Wolf, I have really missed your work, and I'm afraid I'm with Shaka, it's the Mossie, that blows my mind , well to be honest all your work is Masterful.............. I love watching what you do and finding the little tricks you share, this Corsair build will be no different, and I will sit quietly and enjoy the show...... I always learn some little trick...... your talents are' amazing ' ( I hate that word), but incredible stuff... I'm looking forward to more.... it's like a drug, man....getting high on what you show is wonderful !

Jeff

I love that grey on the reduction gears..... looks spot on :)

Craig

Yup, Model Master enamel Engine Grey with just a little bit of white added in. Sealed with Tamiya's semi-gloss clear to give it a slight sheen as opposed to dead flat. I rarely do anything these days in a dead flat finish.

Cheers,

Wolf

Well, I for one am glad to see you back Wolf, I have really missed your work, and I'm afraid I'm with Shaka, it's the Mossie, that blows my mind , well to be honest all your work is Masterful.............. I love watching what you do and finding the little tricks you share, this Corsair build will be no different, and I will sit quietly and enjoy the show...... I always learn some little trick...... your talents are' amazing ' ( I hate that word), but incredible stuff... I'm looking forward to more.... it's like a drug, man....getting high on what you show is wonderful !

Jeff

Very kind words Jeff! The Mosquito hasn't been abandoned so have no fear. It's just too nice of a kit and typical of Tamiya's uber engineering. I just needed a break from the bench and couldn't find anything to keep me engaged. Hopefully the Corsair build will keep the creative juices flowing and once it's done I have a WNW's Camel and the Mossie to finish.

Cheers,

Wolf

Makes me feel sad for the rest...and me...Don't show up at Bonsor with this...I'll quit.

Thanks for checkin' in Bill! You seriously think that this 'ill be finished in time for Bonsor? Plus, if you bring any of your yellow winged wonders no one is going to have a chance!  You've got to get back to some WIP posts as well instead of doing buddy builds with Martin on the side. I'm missing your stuff my friend.

Cheers,

Wolf

Well , at least I don't have to deal with the paint build-up issue like you guys :)

Don't worry Martin, I'll loan you my roller.  :rofl:  Maybe you could send me your Aircraft Pictorial book #8 on the Corsair. I promise I'll return it!

Cheers,

Wolf

Superb painting in this engine !

Fanch

Thank-you Franch! Judging by the paint work you're doing on your Tomcat I could learn a lot of things from you. Fantastic techniques Sir.

Cheers,

Wolf