PZL.37

AlexM

Thanks Iain!

When making the wheels, I was inspired by this great looking 3d-model showing spoke-wheels:

https://sketchfab.com/models/03c8d964b07948a0934b4e1c4c6d5b90

But now, when I look at the photos of the real airplane, apparently the spokes were fully covered.

jNLW4ap.png

Indeed, I just found one picture of unfinished aircrafts showing the spokes. Too bad, but the spokes will be replaced with less interesting looking covers on my model for accuracy.

oooooo Im telling!

Oh man, all i ask for a bit of discretion :)

What do mean the wheels wont go all the way in.... :doh:  :popcorn:

Yes, if my model would be a real aircraft, the landing gear couldn't fully retract. If this would be a model I paid money for, I would at leas raise my eyebrows about the not-deep-enought wheel well. But of course, on my model the landing gear will be extended. And I know the person very well who is responible for this flaw :whistle:

I visited the Polish Air Museum Krakow a few days ago and there is almost nothing about the Polish Air Force during the German invasion but part of a Karas flap.

There is a 1/1 replica of the PZL.37 in Poland. Quote from Wikipedia:

A 1:1 scale non-flying model of PZL.37 ÅoÅ› was assembled at PZL Mielec factory, in the factory hall used to construct these bombers before the war. The dimensions of the model were determined only from photographs as very little of the original blueprints for the aircraft survive, nevertheless the model external shape matches the original very closely.

I visited the Polish Air Museum Krakow a few days ago and there is almost nothing about the Polish Air Force during the German invasion but part of a Karas flap

But there is PZL P.11c, PWS P.26, and P-37 Engine (Pegasus XX) in Krakow... how could you miss them?

Best Regards,

Krzysztof

I did see the engines, what a collection. It would be the best thing to do and put that PZL 37 on show at Krakow. Fantastic museum by the way. :goodjob:

+1. An absolute "Must see". And for WWI fans, it holds the collections of the Berliner Luftfahrt Museum which were transferred there to avoid Allied bombings. Unfortunately, I only had a glimpse of it, but IIRC, there is a Siemens Schuckert D III, and clinker-built Pfalz ...

Hubert

PS : about these too-shallow wheel wells ... I have seen comments (must be on HS :hmmm: ?) that this kit was fatally flawed and therefore unbuildable :rofl:

Edited by MostlyRacers

• 2 weeks later...

There might be some kind of "solution" with the wheel wells. Some pictures show the landing gear doors completly open. But on the majority of the photos, the rear doors are closed. Closed rear doors would only allow a little glimpse to the not deep enought wheel wells. Seems to be a promising cover up of this issue :)

I just printed new lower nacelles, and started with the "legs" of the landing gear.

UnO1IPb.jpg