PZL.37

AlexM

Hello there,

this might be a bit ambitious, but I try to make the polish medium bomber PZL.37 in 1/32 scale, using 3d-printing. It seems that the PZL.37 was one of the best, if not the best aircraft of its kind in service in 1939.
I was inspired by this polish forum thread about creating an awesome 3d-model of this aircraft.

http://pfmrc.eu/index.php/topic/58589-pzl-37-w-3d/

Unfortunately I don't understand the polish language, except of the word piwo  :beer4: 

I bought a 1/33 cardboard model of the PZL.37, which offers many cross-sections that are crucial for a 3d-model. For the general outline, I use the plan from the polish site mentioned above.

NvF5P6N.jpg

3gDImpA.png

M1izwEN.png

yNl1WAc.png

2YkD5ml.png

So, I'm curious myself if and how this will turn out :)

Cheers
Alex

So, I now printed the main fuselage parts. The forward three halves are in fact devided into left and right parts, which are slightly connected in the 3d-model, but should be (hopefully) easy be cut into two halves. The forward three segments are glued together, using connection pins to keep allignment. Once the cut-out for the canopy is cleaned up, the fuselage will cut into two halves for interior details.

0jrRg9z.jpg

Ym3HnuF.jpg

tUVSspB.jpg

6ZgoPV5.jpg

Cheers

Alex

Thanks guys! The parts are printed with an Ultimaker 3 machine. For the 3d-models, I sill use Sketchup. There might be more capable programms out there, but I like it, and as long as I can realize my projects, I'll stay with Sketchup.