AOA Decals - O-2 Skymaster (USAF/VNAF)

ziggyfoos

14 schemes total - 11 O-2A (10 USAF grey and black, 1 VNAF grey) & 3 O-2B (USAF camo-ed).

Included O-2B options in the hopes Roden will release an O-2B boxing or someone will produce a B conversion, or for those looking to scratchbuild or even those not particularly concerned with A vs B differences.

Enough data/stencil markings are provided for at least two complete aircraft - potentially more if you go with the overall black options or O-2B since neither wore many stencils. Stencils are for the Vietnam period, no kit decals are needed.

Also included is bonus "THE FAC" decals to replace the kit version (the black schemes in this release don't use it.)

Estimated release in Feb.

Price $19.50.

www.AOAdecals.com

COVER-32025.jpg

32025.jpg

Edited by ziggyfoos

Does 21469 have white upper wings?

Yes. The other two camo-ed ones though do not.

Those are also the three O-2B's on the sheet, which unfortunately can't be built OOB - hopefully a conversion or Roden boxing will be coming. In the meantime, I decided to include the O-2B's in case someone wants to take some liberty in accuracy by using the O-2A kit itself or attempt to scratchbuild the correct B parts. The markings for them were relatively small and easy to include in the sheet and also provided opportunity from some variation away from the FAC O-2A's.

Edited by ziggyfoos

Yes. The other two camo-ed ones though do not.

Those are also the three O-2B's on the sheet, which unfortunately can't be built OOB - hopefully a conversion or Roden boxing will be coming. In the meantime, I decided to include the O-2B's in case someone wants to take some liberty in accuracy by using the O-2A kit itself or attempt to scratchbuild the correct B parts. The markings for them were relatively small and easy to include in the sheet and also provided opportunity from some variation away from the FAC O-2A's.

Thanks! 

Out of curiosity, what all is involved in going from an O-2A to an O-2B?   Is it more than the windows I assume?

Thanks!

Out of curiosity, what all is involved in going from an O-2A to an O-2B? Is it more than the windows I assume?

O-2Bs were basically the civil Skymaster with added leaflet dispenser in the bottom of the fuselage and the big visual difference from the O-2A is the large loudspeaker mounted in the right rear baggage opening. O-2B also had 4 place seating (which is in the kit even though the O-2A didn't have four!), different cockpit/instrument panel. O-2B didn't have weapons so also no pylons (and gunsight). And like you mentioned, there were no windows in the roof or door. O-2B could also have the prop spinners mounted (but were sometimes removed, as seen in 2/3 of the O-2B options provided). Edited by ziggyfoos

O-2Bs were basically the civil Skymaster with added leaflet dispenser in the bottom of the fuselage and the big visual difference from the O-2A is the large loudspeaker mounted in the right rear baggage opening. O-2B also had 4 place seating (which is in the kit even though the O-2A didn't have four!), different cockpit/instrument panel. O-2B didn't have weapons so also no pylons (and gunsight). And like you mentioned, there were no windows in the roof or door. O-2B could also have the prop spinners mounted (but were sometimes removed, as seen in 2/3 of the O-2B options provided).

Thanks! That actually not only doesn't sound impossible, but it sounds like it might be really doable.

Especially considering the Roden "A" model interior sounds like it's already closer to a B model interior than an A anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

No, I don't really like pre-orders; I don't want to take money with no product on hand to immediately ship, and pre-orders also adds extra "work" for me to keep track and backfill orders once the sheets do come in.

Fully understand that. Pre-orders occasionally dont work out the best for the payer either. Seems sometimes more work on both sides that it may be worth. 

Looking forward to these!