Virginia Marie using Trumpeter P-38 Lightning

dmthamade

The pit will be probably be the kit parts with the addition of either Finemolds or RB belts. I guess I could add placards and the Eduard colorized instrument stuff, I struggle with pits so any prefab aftermarket stuff would help me a lot.

Don

I had never seen the fine mold seat belts how many do you get in the box   a bit pricey for one or two belts though

Sorry to hear about the paint adhesion issues Don but it looks likes you're ready to have another crack at it.

I might have to get the Badger primer and give it a try.

Carl

Yeah, it could have been a lot worse, Carl!! Recovery was pretty damage free, will be good to go later in the week. Going to get through this build, then look into the Badger primer.

Don

I had never seen the fine mold seat belts how many do you get in the box   a bit pricey for one or two belts though

Hello dashotgun!! You get 4 sets of belts in the box. They are OK, i think the RB or other you build em' sets give better results. The Finemolds belts are thicker and don't drape as well as the others, but for a modeller like me that really battles PE and small belt sets, they are a workable solution. They do have some good molded in detail, do look ok detail painted and weathered.

DjtHQK.jpg

G5NQoo.jpg

iG6knC.jpg

Don

Great save! You can remove acrylic and enamel paint with Tamiya lacquer thinner in the yellow capped bottle. It will not attack the plastic. I use it to wipe down before I paint.

Thanks for the reply. I have used the RB sets and although they look great they are insanely hard to put together. I have fine motor control I am a retired general surgeon so no fimble fingers. I think I will the  fine molds  a try

Edited by dashotgun

Thanks for the reply. I have used the to sets and although they look great they are insanely hard to put together. I have fine motor control I am a retired general surgeon so no fimble fingers. I think I will give them a try

I found heating them in hot water helps to bend them into place.

Don

This AM i unplugged the water heater, turned down the t-stat, opened windows, and sprayed the build with Tamiya primer. If the paint doesn't stick to this, it won't stick to anything. I have to say, i'm so tempted to get the Tamiya AS-12 spraybomb out and go at it, done it many times before. Something to think about.

PyTUW5.jpg

Don

Can you remove the superchargers and detail them up ? Looks good. Good luck with the repaint......Harv  :popcorn:

Hello Harv!! The superchargers had to go in early, there are still parts to go on, I didn't install them yet as I don't think they would survive. I'll be weathering them with paint and MiG pigments, as you know, they and the booms got pretty grimy from the turbos. Looking at the build, the paint looks so smooooooth.......

Don

Well, last evening i sprayed the build in Tamiya AS-12. Not willing to take any more chances with the build as far as the color coat goes. I'll be picking out panels with different shades, may even use the Metal Colors for that.

Shiny 2.0

xXDkPq.jpg

qzlOor.jpg

RDME5X.jpg

Always impressed how this paint sprays.

Don