New kit ! 1:32 Reggiane 2000

Silver Wings

Gimmie gimmie gimmie yummy gimmie yummy yummy HOOHAA!!! :yahoo:

I kinda like the Italian aeroplanes of the 1930,s--1940's. Y'think?

I had almost all of them in 1/72 scale cast in solid bakelite as used in WW2 for identification training models. 

I painted a bunch of them in the correct colors back in the 1940's after the war.

Thus I gained an affinity for them.

Same with the Japanese and German aeroplanes. 

The USA and British and a few Russian planes I made in 1/48 scale from solid wood kits (carve sand  carve sand  carve etc.).

I didn't care much for stick and tissue kits as they were too lightweight and fragile for my ham fisted approach to modeling. But when I got into U-Control flying models then the sticks got thicker and the tissue became silkspan and the engines were 0.29 cu. in. displacement so they could withstand rough handling. Nothing like cutting your  opponent's tail off in combat flying or doing a wingover into the ground at full speed when trying aerobatics. It was as much fun rebuilding the models for the next weekend as it was building the models in the first place. I was 10 years old at the time. We had fun. 

So, yes I'll buy one of these Re 2000 models as soon as it appears on the market. :punk:

Stephen

Hello Simon,

Will Silver Wings still be doing the Yak-9 next,  even tho the Yak-3 was just released by Special Hobby ?

(since they are practically the same airplane :shrug: )

Orrrr, maybe skip ahead and get the Finnish DXXI finished ? :coolio:

:please: :please: :please:

Thanks

Yak-9 is about 50% complete which means we need about 3-4 more months to release it.

Harrrrrgh!

Now I have to decide between the Reggiane and the Yak.

BTW, are your kits for free now?  :wicked: Missing any prices at your homepage :whistle:

Would be interesting to get an overall idea how much money has to be saved before placing an order (and if I might be able to get only one or both kits...) :rolleyes:

Regards!

- dutik

Harrrrrgh!

Now I have to decide between the Reggiane and the Yak.

BTW, are your kits for free now? :wicked: Missing any prices at your homepage :whistle:

Would be interesting to get an overall idea how much money has to be saved before placing an order (and if I might be able to get only one or both kits...) :rolleyes:

Regards!

- dutik

Write Simon and ask "how much is this and that together?" Simple!

Why have I to ask?

All shops and most vendors show their prices. That is common practice.

I am way to lazy to ask for prices instead of putting the kit into the basket and pay it in the same run. Not ask, wait for an answer, send mail again, try to send payment, and so on... If you want to sell me your product make it easy for me. There are other vendors around to give them my money.

I am a customer, not a petitioner.

Just my two cents.

No pun intended towards Silver Wings, but there is a way to improve your customer service.

Regards

- dutik

Gentlemen,

This topic has been discussed many times. We aim to facilitate sales through distributors and this is our key focus in terms of prefered business model. Although, we can't refuse selling kits if someone wants to purchase them directly from us. Hence we don't have a decent web shop. You can check pricing in any of your local shops/web-shops, such as: Hannants, Hobby Link Japan etc... We have distributors in most countries. Our website allows to send a best price request as well. Hope this helps.

Why have I to ask?

All shops and most vendors show their prices. That is common practice.

I am way to lazy to ask for prices instead of putting the kit into the basket and pay it in the same run. Not ask, wait for an answer, send mail again, try to send payment, and so on... If you want to sell me your product make it easy for me. There are other vendors around to give them my money.

I am a customer, not a petitioner.

Just my two cents.

No pun intended towards Silver Wings, but there is a way to improve your customer service.

Regards

- dutik

As Simon said, Silver Wings kits are fairly widely available - Hannants tend to have them all in stock.

I've bought all of mine direct from Simon. I actually enjoy the direct interaction with the manufacturer & it feels good to be treated like a real person! I get to have a vague idea of what plans they have in future, what kits to expect and very roughly when, and I have a tiny impact upon what they decide to make in the future. It's all good - you don't get that with Tamiya or Revell!!

The fact that I have to spend 30 seconds of my life sending the request bothers me not in the slightest. Long may it continue. 

Gentlemen,

This topic has been discussed many times. We aim to facilitate sales through distributors and this is our key focus in terms of prefered business model. Although, we can't refuse selling kits if someone wants to purchase them directly from us. Hence we don't have a decent web shop. You can check pricing in any of your local shops/web-shops, such as: Hannants, Hobby Link Japan etc... We have distributors in most countries. Our website allows to send a best price request as well. Hope this helps.

Thank you for clarification.

Just another suggestion to improve your service:

It is difficult to understand by looking at your homepage that you prefer to sell your kits via distributors. I missed this point completly. See above.

Even your "how to buy" instructions cover this only vaguely:

"You may order direct from us (silverwings@silverwings.pl) or via our distributors."

Just a half sentence about the distributors, but ten full lines how to buy directly from you.

No further mention who and where are your distributors.

May I suggest to add a full list (with links if possible) of your worldwide distributors if this is your preferred business model?

Regards

- dutik

Thank you for clarification.

Just another suggestion to improve your service:

It is difficult to understand by looking at your homepage that you prefer to sell your kits via distributors. I missed this point completly. See above.

Even your "how to buy" instructions cover this only vaguely:

"You may order direct from us (silverwings@silverwings.pl) or via our distributors."

Just a half sentence about the distributors, but ten full lines how to buy directly from you.

No further mention who and where are your distributors.

May I suggest to add a full list (with links if possible) of your worldwide distributors if this is your preferred business model?

Regards

- dutik

Silver Wings are encouraging you to buy direct because you get the best price & a great service.  They perhaps don't want to say that on their website because it would not go down well with their distributors, who they are also trying to expand and use more.

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Send the e-mail to Simon.