Out2gtcha

Geez, that engine is fantastic.  Beautiful little detail on it, can't wait to see what it looks like once you build and paint it up.

Having the engine stand will be a nice idea to show everything off.  I'm guessing you'll have to detail the firewall then?  Or is the second engine to place in the kit?

Matt  :frantic:

This is really cool. I can't believe the engine case detail and the starter ring. Both superbly detailed. I saw these little fast moving bug smashers in Kuala Lumpur last year on the red bull curriculum. They circled the city center in appreciation after the races had finished up. All were in formation. The following weekend there were Su-30MKK's doing fly bys over the city center for the Arm forces weekend. Both were really cool.

Thanks for sharing this.

Troy

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks very much for the kind response guys!   I have not abandoned this build, but am focusing more on my commission build for KHM on the OS2U. 

However,

Setal has VERY kindly sent me a whole new complete engine and replacement cowl for this, including some new prop blades. I will sort through all the stuff, and use the best options out of the two sets of stuff for the Exterior engine set up on the stand, with the exception of the prop blades and spinner.

I will have to use BOTH sets of prop blades and spinners, as I would really like to have a prop and spinner also attache to the display engine.  This little thing is a freaking JEWEL! 

I really have to thank the guys at Icaerodesign for there awesome customer service.     Ill be dabbling on this kit from time to time, as I have time, but will be devoting most all of my modeling time to the OS2U build to get that knocked out for KHM.  

I will then return to this build, and split time with an upcoming Westland Wessex build, but that will not be until SW.com releases their 1 piece exhausts, rotor head, and ESPECIALLY their intake screen.

Thanks for looking in on me, and cheers. 

• 1 month later...

That looks great Brian !

This engine stand is professionally built. I love it !

Thanks Nicolas!   This is a really neat kit, and it is STILL on my bench awaiting some commission builds to complete for KHM first. Im REALLY looking forward to getting back to this one, now that I have the engine stand where I want it, and Setal was kind enough to send me a 2nd engine to display on the stand. 

I WAS going to start my Fly Wessex in conjunction with this build, but the SW.com parts are not out, and not sure when they will be out, so Im proceeding with my T-28 commission build once it arrives.  I just need to finish my OS2U first!    If I finish Glens OS2U before the T-28 arrives, I will dive back into this one in the mean time...................its just that this one is my personal build, and doesnt have any time constraints like the two KHM commission builds do. 

At the actual rate of releases of KH, you wont have enough time to finish a commission before another kit is out ! :)

When you'd be back to this aerobatic little wonder, i'd be very please to start something similar on my side. Either the 330 with french AF team markings (seen in real last june) or the HPH Z-50.

At the actual rate of releases of KH, you wont have enough time to finish a commission before another kit is out ! :)

When you'd be back to this aerobatic little wonder, i'd be very please to start something similar on my side. Either the 330 with french AF team markings (seen in real last june) or the HPH Z-50.

No doubt!  Ill be taking a break from commission building after the T-28, as I need to proceed on some builds for myself and the 2017 NATs, and at my pace, its not too early to start!   :lol:

That French 330 is GORGEOUS Nicolas!  That would be a good one to start. Its a neat little kit for sure.

• 6 months later...