SH P-39Q 'Spare Parts'

CANicoll

So just an update - I've written to Special Hobby three times (third time today) over the past three weeks and no response to see when my order including the replacement canopy for the P-39 will be shipped.  Paypal has been paid, but I've not heard a peep from Special Hobby.  Its been 5 and 6 weeks since I ordered the bits.

Is this usual?  I may post a separate thread to see if this has happened to anyone else lately.  They started off very responsive, back in January.

Chris

When ordering from Specialhobby in the past I've had to wait a few weeks for stuff to come in when I've gone through them to buy Eduard stuff or stuff made by anyone that doesnt come under the Specialhobby umbrella of companies, you order stuff then they order it in if it shows as available on their website. if you go to the my orders part of their website you can check progress if I remember correctly as to what they have and what they are waiting for. That being said I dont think I've waited anything more than 2-3 weeks. 

Yep, their website has been saying my orders have been complete for over a month. 

What I am struggling with is that I've left three messages with them, and no response whatsoever so no clue what is going on.  I'm not being rude or nasty in my emails, just asking what is the status of my order and can I get an approximate ship date of when they will ship, or when they were shipped.  That's it...

Last email from them was Jan 30 saying my order was complete and would be shipping soon. I guess I will have to call them.

We are talking $100USD in orders too - so not exactly bits and bobs...

Update:  I finally just picked up the phone and called Special Hobby.  I spoke to Lenka (she answered the phone) and she knew my order immediately.  She said she would send me an email update in an hour as she was sure it had shipped but did not understand why the online system did not reflect that.

Well, received the email as promised and as it turns out my order somehow got lost in the warehouse for about a month.  It was not until March 9th that was it actually handed off to the post office so just a SNAFU in the warehouse.  I probably should have called three weeks ago rather than sending the emails.  Oh well.

Looking forward to the replacement canopy, and the bits I ordered for my Tempest HiTech as well, and getting back into the build of the all black P-39.    :thumbsup:

Chris

Edited by CANicoll

Guest Peterpools

Chris

Nice progress on the P-39 and what a great idea to keep her n her feet!

Glad the canopy is finally on it's way

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Finally a REAL UPDATE!!  The replacement canopy arrived yesterday and immediately went into the Future dunk so that's drying.  Figure I will mask and hopefully paint TOMORROW!   :yahoo:

In the mean time, buttoned up a few other bits including the nose wheel doors.  Debated on if I wanted to do the PE hinges or not, then realized I didn't have a choice.  oops.  

So here are those little suckers - nice that Eduard gives you an extra one as I didn't get my first one folded correctly.

Swd1SN.jpg

2bpcw3.jpg

dHSiGY.jpg

The attachment points are very small so this will be very interesting.

A view of the landing gear doors underneath and the nose wheel:

s1m5HE.jpg

w4fd99.jpg

I could not help myself - the resin tires actually have the Goodyear lettering raised so had to highlight them in white.  I know...  :shrug:

This is the difference between the gloss primer (the nose gun panel) and the 'normal' black paint.  Very interesting.  I'm looking to use the difference to provide some variance on an all-black aircraft.  The plane is supposed to be 'gloss black' so we'll see.

JXUWuv.jpg

Resin gunsight, and the 'glass' is actually plastic cut from a package cover - can't remember if it was batteries or tacks or something.  But perfect thickness!

aEOZ9f.jpg

Since I need to paint the canopy and rest of the fuselage anyway, looking to do some touch up on the prop, and noticed that I had mis-aligned the mask on one of the doors so will need to go back over that again too.  AND the nose wheel doors too.  So still some work to do!

6M1N20.jpg

8YcVWd.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Chris

As promised got the black coat finally all over.  Took a little bit of work to ensure the clear canopy was full covered, and a second go round, but finally got a good coverage coat.

Quick look at the gunsight installed and the contrast with the instrument panel.

I1ywAn.jpg

Here is the black coat, which is pretty much matte.  You can see the line of gloss where the fuselage insignia is.

JQpXb5.jpg

And a coat of gloss getting ready for the nose art.  Have to do some research to see if the red wing-walk markings were in place.

X8udX9.jpg

Thinking about how to vary the black on the aircraft - we'll see!

Just found this maintenance reference for the P-39 including a parts package that appears to sit between the machine guns in the nose, and over the cannon.

Chris

Edited by CANicoll