• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#106 Cees Broere

Cees Broere

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 09:40 AM

I for one cannot wait to get my hands on the Whirlwind. Special Hobby has made some great steps in their quality ( I have built the Buffalo :doh:) and the Tempest is a whole different ballgame.

• alaninaustria likes this

#107 Monty Python

Monty Python

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 10:01 AM

Spend a lot of time holidaying in Dorset especially at a place called Moreton. This is just down the road from where RAF Warmwell was. This was at one time, the home  of 263sq. Next door to the caravan site we stay at, is a pub which has photos on the walls of the Whirlwinds and Typhoons that were based there.

After seeing these photos for the first time, I've wanted to build a 32 scale Whirlwind and a car door Tiffie. Looks like Special Hobby is going to grant me my wish.

• Iain (32SIG) and Kagemusha like this

Love is blind but marriage is a great eye opener

#108 BarryWilliams

BarryWilliams

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 10:47 AM

Barry,

It is clear you never had the Yak or the Tempest in your hands. Current Special Hobby kits are as easy to assemble as any Japanese or Chinese kit.

The H75 or Buffalo are belonging to another era. Fortunately!

T.

I did actually build the Yak.  I found a lot of fit problems and spent more time sanding and scraping that kit than all my previous 10 builds combined (Tamiya, HKM and Trumpeter - all 1/32).   I did not enjoy the experience at all.  My previous SH kits were the Aircobra and Fiat G50bis.  The latter was the best of the three but I did not enjoy even that.

#109 thierry laurent

thierry laurent

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,042 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 03:42 PM

Too bad Barry. It looks like you got a Monday morning production kit! :-(

The Airacobra is not easy to build and has far too thick wing trailing edges if you do not sand them. Note the KH P-39 option is unfortunately not easier to assemble.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Special Hobby

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users