TAC Scale Dynamics 1/32 Mig-15 bis

Guest Martinnfb

Good Evening My Friends,

first of all thank you Paul for organizing another, exciting GB.

Not sure where to start, it's all Harvie's fault :), anyways this kit has been sitting on my shelf for quite some time and I was looking for reasons why to not build it. Then HpH Fagot appeared and there is no reason to dwell on shrinking pile of resin.

I started on Monday and spend 11 hours by cleaning the molds. No warping detected so far, but the flash is very heavy and partially damaged fine surface detail. The prove are fuel tanks that are basically useless, full of bubbles and cracks. I will go without them with adding some extra detail at the lower wing anchoring points. I am not going to use much of an aftermarket trinkets , just a set of Master barrels.

This is not a Mr. Fisher's work, but better than Trumpet's offering and yet sits dead on the blueprint. It's getting late so here are some pictures.

faggot%20008_zpsdjobx25i.jpgfaggot%20001_zpsk9t3gmtq.jpgfaggot%20007_zpshcwokbig.jpg

Edited by Martinnfb

Nice, Martin! I think this is the first time I've seen one of these kits...............

I didnt even know this kit existed!  Great start Martin. Little did I know about the 3rd Mig..................will watch this one with interest.  :)

Thank You Brian and Kevin, I will try to finish this time :).

Hey Mike, thanks for the kind words, It would be great to help to each other in researching material and building techniques, this is my first resin kit and not exactly shake and bake style, so it may be a bumpy road.

Here is some detail of cockpit hardware.

41653_1298928290.jpg

LOL.

It does look like he smacked a light pole!

must be Chinese driver , but back to the point of the wing spar

img046.jpg

Or the tail of his flight leader! 

I may need to consider "bullishevik" for my build too. 

Mike

Yeah, better be safe with that chunk of resin at the tail, I used a regular steel shot, it's as heavy as lead without the element of toxicity.:)

and here is  rear of the cockpit

img100.jpg