1/32 Messerschmitt Bf109E-4, JG53

J.J.

Thanks for all the comments.

One thing I did not mention is that I was rather surprised how many pictures I could actually find of this aircraft, both from before and after the crash. That was a great help in determining the colour scheme and wing pattern.

Jens

Guest Peterpools

Jens

Awesome Emil .. fit and finish is spot on the money.

I've bee tossing and turning over which 109E-4 to buy and build and after seeing your gem, the chocie is clear as day!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Peter

Thanks Jennings and Mike. :)

Jens

Awesome Emil .. fit and finish is spot on the money.

I've bee tossing and turning over which 109E-4 to buy and build and after seeing your gem, the chocie is clear as day!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Peter

Thanks Peter. The Dragon kit is my favourite of all the 1/32nd scale Bf109 kits. I think the mouldings are much nicer than on the Eduard kit - it's hard to explain, but it is as if the Eduard Bf109 appears 'flimsy' somehow. I like the Dragon kit so much that I now have two E-3s (including the Romanian one in the WIP section), two E-4s (including this one) and two E-7 Trops. I have also bought their Bf110 and I am really looking forward to building it.

Jens

Thank you for the comments. 

Bill, you're right but it means you will have to cut apart a Bf109, and I can't get myself to do that (at least not in this scale). ;)

Jens

I wouldn't mind cutting it apart, there are plenty of Hase kits I dislike, but the interior detailing would be extensive.

• 1 month later...