Old Hasegawa 1/32 Hellcat

Tolga ULGUR

Very nice kit but with the level of detail of the seventies. The best 1/32 Hellcat I have seen was a mix of the Hasegawa and Trumpeter kits (Hasegawa for the fuselage and Trumpeter for the wings, engine and other details). With time, aftermaket sets and some scratchbuilt parts, the Hasegawa can give a nice replica.

T.

I can certainly agree with Thierry's comments above. I have one well underway and with a CMK cockpit that fits like a glove. I had to leave it behind in the states when I relocated to Singapore. Tolga, you shouldn't have much trouble with your awesome talents.

The wing seams are a bit wide but can be easily corrected. The sharpness on the rear fuselage spine is well represented on the Hasegawa kit. A lot of aftermarket items are still out there. Canopy, cockpit sets, wing sets, wheels from Barracuda. The list is long in making this a decent kit. Once you complete your awesome two-three week build, the rest of us mortals will be thankfully blessed by the new Tamiya offering. So thank you in advance here for all your efforts!

Carry on and finish you Hellcat please.

Troy

Here's my Trumpegawa Hellcat.  I've another half finished with wings folded.

The Trumpeter fuselage is too wide around the cockpit, but has better wings (especially with the Eduard photo-etch wheel well detail for the Trumpeter kit)  and engine.  I grafted the Trumpeter wings to the Hasegawa fuselage, along with the Trumpeter  engine, then re-scribed the Hasegawa fuselage and filled all the rivets on the Trumpeter wings. With a bit of dry fitting and fettling the two combine reasonably easily.

716b4edc-ea6d-4235-819a-7af420077a7b.jpg

Here's a comparison photo of the two fuselages:

55eb7265-27fb-43f2-8538-6ecb4f585f9a.jpg

Edited by iang

There's also some Master gun barrels, hope to see you work your magic on the kit.

I can certainly agree with Thierry's comments above. I have one well underway and with a CMK cockpit that fits like a glove. I had to leave it behind in the states when I relocated to Singapore. Tolga, you shouldn't have much trouble with your awesome talents.

The wing seams are a bit wide but can be easily corrected. The sharpness on the rear fuselage spine is well represented on the Hasegawa kit. A lot of aftermarket items are still out there. Canopy, cockpit sets, wing sets, wheels from Barracuda. The list is long in making this a decent kit. Once you complete your awesome two-three week build, the rest of us mortals will be thankfully blessed by the new Tamiya offering. So thank you in advance here for all your efforts!

Carry on and finish you Hellcat please.

Troy

Thanks  

Well, Ok I am convinced to go with Hasegawa  :)  

I already have placed an order from a domestic hobby shop

Here's my Trumpegawa Hellcat.  I've another half finished with wings folded.

The Trumpeter fuselage is too wide around the cockpit, but has better wings (especially with the Eduard photo-etch wheel well detail for the Trumpeter kit)  and engine.  I grafted the Trumpeter wings to the Hasegawa fuselage, along with the Trumpeter  engine, then re-scribed the Hasegawa fuselage and filled all the rivets on the Trumpeter wings. With a bit of dry fitting and fettling the two combine reasonably easily.

716b4edc-ea6d-4235-819a-7af420077a7b.jpg

Here's a comparison photo of the two fuselages:

55eb7265-27fb-43f2-8538-6ecb4f585f9a.jpg

Yes, Hasegawa s fuselage looks better. Thanks for the picture

In my opinion it is the best 1/32 Hellcat on the market. A few after market items such as a cockpit set and wheels go a long way to dressing it up.