More P-51 "B" questions

R Hunt

#>ph34r.gif Okay Iam on a mission! I have cut off the nose ,wheel wells and flaps so there's no turning back now! Iam going to scratch the wheel wells and for my first time going to try to make those cool looking metal gear struts so any help there would be great, I already have alum. and stanless tubing so if need something else please let me know, Iam going to scratch the flaps as well and I have got that under control, I think? but if anyone has great ideas I'll listen. I have the eduards P/E set comming , where can I find those instuments lables , mostik and does someone make a prop/ spinner? I looked at Hannats but they only had the P/E set and some wheels and I dont think I need wheels, Rutman only has a prop for a P-47, if anyone has a detail shot of "B" wheel wells I could sure use it, I have great ones for a "D" but iam learning these are two differnt birds, any other help, ideas or segestions would be great!

Bob.

hello, there are great b/w shots of the wheel wells of a p51b at page 56/57 of the book "excalibur III", from Robert Mikesh first of the series "famous aircraft of the nasm"

if you cannot put your hands on the book, which is also valuable for other areas of the model, I could try to scan the photos for you, but I still don't know the results.

let me know...

happy modelling

Ok as far as the B the books or book I used most was an OOP book called fighting colors the P-51 buy squardon which covered from the A-36 - the F-82 it has great views and drawings of the seat and wheel wells flaps landing gear even the plumbing of the drop tanks I myself would ask Jerry Rutman if he would sell you the flaps prop and wheel wells he has for others just drop me a line if you want be glad to help if I can oh and Part 3 is in the works right now Bald Eagle is on Legs good luck its been a long time in the works

Bob,

I have one half of the moskit exhausts you can have if this is any use? I know you'll need both but I sat on one and trying to fix the profile of these incredibly thin walled metal exhausts just knackered them completely.

If you can use this item let me know

Tony

#>ph34r.gif Tony , dont need the exhaust as I found them, dont know about the wheels, may take you up on that as I have three sets here and there all different! I'll check them out as soon as the book i ordered gets here, still looking for a place thats sells those waldron placards on the web so if you know of one let me know.

thanks again,Bob.