• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#31 Jack

Jack

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,879 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 04:38 PM

Howdy! here's some pics of the RF-8G built up about done....No time to dirty it up, and I kinda like it clean.

B4_zps1agk00nq.jpg

B6_zpsiwyyk5fm.jpg

B7_zpsf0lcqfst.jpgBeauty and The Beast!

B19_zps1ankxpb6.jpg

ABSOLUTELY beoooootiful, looking forward to getting my hands on that recce conversion!!!!!

• Harold, MostlyRacers and harvey like this

everyone in the circuit switch off your radios....now switch 'em back on again......

#32 BloorwestSiR

BloorwestSiR

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,458 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:31 PM

Looks great Paul.

I've just gone and ordered one now that I have both the decals and the donor kit in hand.

Carl
  • harvey likes this

#33 otis252

otis252

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:12 AM

Hey Paul, any news on the shipping of the RF-8G sets? Thanks.

Chuck

• harvey likes this

#34 harvey

harvey

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,961 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:20 AM

Yea, we want to get our little glue covered hands on them !......Harv

• Jack likes this

There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away
working on:  Tamiya F4U-2 Night Fighter
Trump P-38M BACK ON BENCH FINISHED!!!

#35 Barry

Barry

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,982 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 06:38 PM

One of our members in Colorado email me yesterday that his has arrived and 'it is exquisite', his words.

Barry

• harvey likes this

#36 Dave Williams

Dave Williams

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 11:17 PM

Just got an email from Fisher saying my RF-8G order was "completed", so hopefully that means it's on the way.
  • harvey likes this

#37 otis252

otis252

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 11:22 PM

Got one too. That's what it means, got my RF-8A set 3 days after I got that email on that set.l.

Chuck

• harvey likes this

#38 paul fisher

paul fisher

Hooked For Life

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 12:43 AM

We sent out a pile of them today...and Susy is working on the next batch...it won't be long....

thanks for your patience and support!

Paul

• harvey and Vandy 1 VX 4 like this

#39 Tomcatfreak

Tomcatfreak

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:08 PM

My RF-8G arrived in Germany today! Thanks again Paul for the great service :-)

Stephan

• paul fisher likes this

#40 Jerry

Jerry

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 01:33 AM

I'm Barry's Colorado connection and this was far more than I expected - I have had other items from Paul but this one was over the top for sure - the packaging alone was far better than most kits you ever find.  I am building both an F-8E and the RF-8G simultaneously so going to have a lot of fun - also using Eduard F-8 sets and aftermarket resin so plan to be working a long while to get the two complete - both birds with be from the Ticonderoga CVA-14 1968 cruise so should make a good diorama on a deck base.   There will be only a couple of custom decals needed after using the sheets from 2 of the Trumpeter kits, the decals that come with the conversion and complete sets of data marking decals for both of the birds that I already had - I think it would be safe to say that each one will probably have in excess of 200 decals by the time I'm finished.  I have been waiting for a big RF-8 since my deployments during VN.  Paul thanks for starting this project and doing such wonderful work for us

Jerry

• paul fisher and otis252 like this

#41 paul fisher

paul fisher

Hooked For Life

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 11:07 PM

Thank you, Sir! I am glad you like it, and it always makes the Missus happy to hear the packing was appreciated.It's not the easiest conversion I've tackled, but the end results are certainly worth the work!

Best, 

Paul

#42 babyduck5

babyduck5

LSP Member

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 03:30 AM

Hi everyone,

I just received my RF-8G conversion kit and I would like to comment on it:

1.)  For shipping, it was wrapped in heavy shipping paper.  All the seams were aligned and the ends were centered and matching.  Being an "anal" Christmas present wrapper (just ask my wife, I use a ruler, haha), I appreciate the precise corners and attention to details.

2.)  The handwritten delivery address was VERY neat and I love the neatness and script chosen.  I have pictures, but can't get Photo-Shop to cooperate.

3.)  The box was well packed.  The time they took to ensure the contents arrived intact was commendable. It looks like I purchased an expensive Faberge Egg.  Well packed.

4.)  The castings and engineering were "EXQUISITE".  If Tamiya had done resin, Fisher Model & Pattern is what it would look like. I cannot say enough about the fidelity of the castings.  I have his B-58 intakes, RB-51 Red Baron kit, Sea Fury Kit and Space Shuttle Rocket Upgrades, and they are museum quality items.

Anyway, I thought I would toss my 2 cents in for Paul.  I LOVE Paul's products and will always look forward to purchasing what I can.

Take Care,

Jim

• johncrow, paul fisher, AnthonyWan and 3 others like this

#43 David Hansen

David Hansen

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 02:56 PM

My RF-8G arrived safe and sound and i'm very happy with it.

My only regret is, i have to finish my Tamiya F-14A first, before i sink my teeth into this one.

First World Problems, i know...

-d-

• paul fisher likes this

#44 allthumbs

allthumbs

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 03:06 PM

I'm Barry's Colorado connection and this was far more than I expected - I have had other items from Paul but this one was over the top for sure - the packaging alone was far better than most kits you ever find. I am building both an F-8E and the RF-8G simultaneously so going to have a lot of fun - also using Eduard F-8 sets and aftermarket resin so plan to be working a long while to get the two complete - both birds with be from the Ticonderoga CVA-14 1968 cruise so should make a good diorama on a deck base. There will be only a couple of custom decals needed after using the sheets from 2 of the Trumpeter kits, the decals that come with the conversion and complete sets of data marking decals for both of the birds that I already had - I think it would be safe to say that each one will probably have in excess of 200 decals by the time I'm finished. I have been waiting for a big RF-8 since my deployments during VN. Paul thanks for starting this project and doing such wonderful work for us
Jerry

Jerry,

Thanks for the review. Everything points to this being another winner from FMP.

You mentioned "the decals that come with the conversion." Are they in fact included? I thought these had to be ordered separately from Zotz.

Rich

Edited by allthumbs, 03 May 2017 - 03:07 PM.

#45 AnthonyWan

AnthonyWan

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 05:02 PM

Jerry,

Thanks for the review. Everything points to this being another winner from FMP.

You mentioned "the decals that come with the conversion." Are they in fact included? I thought these had to be ordered separately from Zotz.

Rich

I was a little confused by that as well. 

I have the -E boxing of the kit. I assume some of the stencils are used from the kit decals. 

Does the conversion set also include decals? 

I was under the impression that the rest of the markings would have to come from Zotz. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users