56 squadron Spitfire IX LF

Thanks Guy, I love detailing engines so it was sheer pleasure for me....I'm looking forward to doing the Cheetahs on my Anson though disappointingly I've not managed any bench time this week and next isn't looking any better.....marginally worse in fact. Oh dear! :(

Max

• 2 weeks later...

Any further progress on this one...........happy birthday by the way Max.

Regards. Andy

Not yet Andy.....but there's a window of opportunity opening up over the next two weeks! No chance of finishing her but I'll do what I can then transfer to a WIP. Thanks for the birthday wishes, 68 years young today! (and I mean young!!)

Max

Happy birthday Max, have a good one

Cheers

Dennis

...and many more decades of modeling, gardening and traveling!

Thank you chaps; keeping busy and interested in things is what's it's all about, though I guess if I slow down on the golfing, gardening, travelling, motorcycling etc front I'll have more modelling time!

Max

Happy birthday Max! Looking forward to more progress when you get the chance.

Carl

Thanks Carl, I'm so keen to get some bench time in! Bike's clean now but it's a sunny warm day and work in the garden beckons....or perhaps demands! :(

Max

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, sorry about that Shaka......you must feel awfully lonely but I am looking and commenting when I've something worth saying!  To be honest when I started the Mk IX I had severe doubts that I'd get anywhere near finishing it before the end of GB date, but I kind of mentally set myself the target of doing the engine, which is a mini-kit in itself (I love engines too Maru).  I've not had a minute free to sit at my bench for the past two weeks, I'm dying to start my Anson but not even had the chance to put knife to plastic on that....the dangers of retirement!

Max