HK Models 1/32 B17G

Vynce804

Where did you get the decals, and what sizes are the perspex sheets? That is brilliant.

Hi it's the kitsworld sheet Kw 132074

The cover is 800mm square By 250mm deep. With a hardboard base which I painted white.

Cheers

Matt

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Maxim

What a stunning model! Your B-17 would have to be the best and most realistic I've seen to date. Almost makes me want to go out and buy one.

Hi, the kit comes with a wall mount, which is actually a small frame which attaches to the inside of the bomb bay. It. Was designed to work with the model mounted either horizontally or vertically so mounting my kit on an angle required more support. I had uses resin wheels so was able to drill and embed some 5mm nylon threaded rod (. You can get nylon nuts and bolts from amazon and then cut off the bolt head) into the wheels and then use a nylon nut on the opposite side to the base board in a countersunk hole to secure the model. In hindsight I would have used metal landing gear legs and resin wheels and then I think I could have securely mounted the model without the Hk models wall mount which would make things look a bit neater. Sorry no photos as I was so intent on doing it I forgot! Hope the above helps. Matt

Guest Maxim

Just imagine, B-17, B-24, and the Lancaster all mounted on the wall together. How impressive would that look!

S

Just imagine, B-17, B-24, and the Lancaster all mounted on the wall together. How impressive would that look!

Stop it !!!! Dont give me ideas, my wallet wont handle it. 

• 3 weeks later...