ZM A-1J Skyraider [19/10/2017 - exhaust staining]

Breaker

• 3 weeks later...

Breaker,

Decals look great.  You really don't need to go to heavy with oil washes as you've created quite a realistic operationally weathered finish from just looking at these pictures.

Joel

Wow, that looks superb! I agree with Joel: it's nearly there already, so don't go too hard with the next stages.

Kev

I'm going with my references on this one, these tended to get really beat up in service with fuel and oil leaks, gun smoke streaks, chipping and dirt staining which I'm hoping to replicate. 

Really nice job!

Cheers, Tom

Superb! Not much else to say!

Good stuff.  Good show.

Sincerely,

Mark

Thanks guys :)

Breaker,

It's always much easier to add another layer to the wash, then try to remove just the previous layer without removing to much.  Just that your black basing came out perfectly, and created the perfect base to work with. 

Joel

Heres some of the references I'll be working to with the weathering. I've got loads but these are some of the highlights. 

closeoc.jpg

ca05d3300da4bdbaa3dca68ed2d7edbc.jpg

4662491414_56152c5f75_o.jpg

18156646_1064408936993370_70416965629357

I especially like the wing top photo and the underside, like how the main spar has caused a weathering effect along it's length. interesting as well that the gear doors are a lot cleaner than the rest of the underside.