My annual leave build, Tamiya A6M5

karimb

Guest Peterpools

Karim

You're back with a vengeance and the weathering is looking superb. Well worn and so well done.

Super wok on the radial ... the detail painting is right on the money

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Karim, that engine is awesome. How did you do the chipping, was it chipping fluid?

Jim

It definitely does not look like masking fluid or the like under paint, and it definitely looks to me like the hairspray/chipping fluid method, but I could be wrong.

Fantastic looking whichever method!

Edited by Out2gtcha

Hi guys,

During the past couple of years lurking here, I've seen some great models and some great engines, but this one is so realistic I expect it to fire up! In fact the only give away I can see is that giant sized hand in the pictures. And superb natural metal finishes too. They are generally way too bright but this is understated and I for one would like to know what paint mixes you're using.

More please!

Regards,

Bruce Crosby

Karim, that engine is awesome. How did you do the chipping, was it chipping fluid?

Jim

Jim i use hairspray...i used to use chipping fluid until one day i ran out and improvised with different haiorsprays until i settled down on two different brands for different chipping purposes...more on that in tonight's post...thanks for taking the time to leave a word

Karim

You're back with a vengeance and the weathering is looking superb. Well worn and so well done.

Super wok on the radial ... the detail painting is right on the money

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Peter my friend....this is therapeutic lol i am really enjoying every second of it... shame how time runs by quick 

thanks for the compliment my friend lol i learn alot from how you work