AIMS 1/32 Bf 110 F and G

Pastor John

Hmmm, we share a language Brian, kind of, but a lot is lost in translation! What is a 20 mike mike?

Max

Haha, for sure Max!   :lol:    "MikeMike" is just an old US military general term for any canon, specifically referring to the "mm" size for the canon.

20171207_160439.jpg

Very cool John, really like it when you upload images of your soon to be released conversions coming together. Also comes in very handy as reference when you are buildins as I am finding while working on the weapon stands on my Ju 188 conversion at the moment! 

Regards. Andy

The upward firing cannon are MG FFs - which are in all the kits and are the same weapons as found in the Belly up to and including the 110 F. The only work needing to be done if modelling such a G-4 being to scratch build the simple cylinder spent cartridge container that cannot be see afterwards anyway!

John ... thanks for the clarification!

So we're using the 20mm's provided in the kit ... Excellent!

Ewwww ... there's that nasty word again! ... "scratch build" ...

If it can't be seen on final assembly - no matter what angle you're looking at, we're all good to omit it!!

Rog :)

The only Bf110 which carried Schrage Muzik was the G4, ie the conversion that John is doing. Therefore the answer Brian is "No, none of the DML kits do." Whether the cannon are part of John's package isn't clear but it doesn't really matter much either way in my opinion.

Max

didn't a few of the F's carry the Schrag Muzik set up?

Just asking as I remember seeing this somewhere when I was researching the project, but maybe I am confusing scattered info.

Thanks for the heads up and yes it is. I have these same bands in my complicated Ju 88 C-6 weapons battery for 5 years now without any problem!

Thanks John. I guess you found a kind of synthetic rubber that is aging correctly as the classical rubber bands do not stay very stable. I will look at that more closely. I am wondering if it is not possible to use some soft metal?

There is every chance that you might have an old F retrofitted with SM but I have many, many photos and not one of them shows such an aircraft and the SM is not on that many G-4 even!

Thanks John for that info.  I am going to keep looking for that pic as it would be a unique build.    IF I find it I will post it.

Merry Christmas,

Thanks for all the pictures, I am so looking forward to receiving both the G2 and G4 conversions.  Love the Ju-88 conversions and I totally agree on the pictures.  Aims has a wonderful set of pictures for all the Ju-88's and these make visualizing the conversion so much easier.  

Everything looks great. 

Paul Caldwell 

I have done something very stupid! I do not know how it happened but I have measured the late style oblique armour based on the windscreen being much further forward - I should have put the kit windscreen on and this would not have happened - I did nto pick up the problem during test shot either - I am kicking myself and can only apologise. I will measure the difference and give you a correct template in the instructions for you to print off and pric stick to plastic card. These things happen but it does not mean I like it! 

That's the bad news - the good news is during my display model build I discovered that the kits part E 18 which is a Schk 13 unit is way to big and hits the left side ammo bin and stops fuselage coming together. This unit was made much smaller as per Ju 88s and was even smaller by the time of the Bf 110 C - this is a pre-war version of the unit in the kit. Anyways I had not spotted this before - mostly because the pics of the left side wall are so partial I do not like offering resin parts based on my imagination - well as I need to replace the Schk 13 unit and went ahead and did my best to include some other details but please know they are only based on what can be seen in Walk Around title - still it give you less to do. I will cast like crazy to make up the shortfall as I have 26 kits cast without this part haha! Also Whilst doing my instructions I found details on the electrical box for the M1 belly gun pod - again I am taking the opportunity to make this for you  - so sorry about getting the armour wrong but enjoy additional parts!

20171208_143609.jpg