AIMS 1/32 Bf 110 F and G

Pastor John

Master radar and Profimodeller W.Gr 21cm rockets for G-2 on their way to me now, its all coming together well. I am making a full display model in a darker resin that shows off the contrast between plastic and the conversion set. Not doing much scratch building - only those details needed for either assembly or what I needed to do to confirm what I say in instructions. Lots of fun. I could not do more with the MG 81Z as waiting on production PE that has parts on it I need.

20171207_160636.jpg

Edited by Pastor John

Hi John,

Beautiful scale replica!

Nonetheless, I have one question: the ammo pink strips: are they rubber band sections? If they are, be warned rubber generally does not age well. It becomes brittle and disintegrates into a kind of sticky and darker residue!

If this is rubber, we will have to find a more stable alternative. Any idea?

Hth

Thierry

Good question. It appears so, but do all of the various DML 110 kits contain the Schräge Musik?

The only Bf110 which carried Schrage Muzik was the G4, ie the conversion that John is doing. Therefore the answer Brian is "No, none of the DML kits do." Whether the cannon are part of John's package isn't clear but it doesn't really matter much either way in my opinion.

Max

The only Bf110 which carried Schrage Muzik was the G4, ie the conversion that John is doing. Therefore the answer Brian is "No, none of the DML kits do." Whether the cannon are part of John's package isn't clear but it doesn't really matter much either way in my opinion.

Max

I guess I probably should have clarified Max, was wondering if the 20 Mike-Mikes come in any of the standard DML kits as other armament, such as Rog listed like in the belly armament of the OOB kit. 

The upward firing cannon are MG FFs - which are in all the kits and are the same weapons as found in the Belly up to and including the 110 F. The only work needing to be done if modelling such a G-4 being to scratch build the simple cylinder spent cartridge container that cannot be see afterwards anyway!

Edited by Pastor John