Trump MiG 17

imatt88

The AMS cockpit is highly recommended as well as the Eduard photoetched set.

Profimodeller sets: there are at least a dozen of resin and photoetched sets! Most but not all of them may be found in a Superset.

I would not recommend the engine one as it does not correct the exhaust. The panel one is nice but not fully accurate. Neither Eduard nor Profimodeller give accurately shaped main landing gear doors but they are far better than the kit ones. Same situation for the Profimodeller sets for the airbrakes or the wing fences. They are again far better than the kit ones but not far more accurate regarding the shapes. Note there is nearly no part redundancy between Eduard and Profimodeller sets. I also recommend the guns and pitots tube sets. The Squadron canopy for the MiG-15 is recommended. It is not fully accurate as the canopy of the 17 was a little bit flatter but this stays the best option has the kit one is very bad and the windscreen is nearly beyond relief. The Greymatter tail corrects most tail and rudder issues and can be a time saver solution if you close the airbrakes. If you want to open them and correct them at least a little bit, I do not recommend the set as it will complicate a lot the assembly.

Hth

Thierry