Revell 2017

rafju

I'm getting one anyway.

Would be nice to see the Hornet E plastic, esp. now that the Blues are flying them

Tony

The Angels routinely fly here in St Louis, almost every year, though not this year. Seeing them in the new Super Hornets, would be amazing.

I hear the P-51D is gonna be worth the wait.

-d-

I certainly hope so. A buddy wants a model (in "man scale") of the Mustang. I've tried to steer him clear of the Dragon kit as well as the Tamiya kit (too expensive), and am hoping the new Revell kit will be a viable choice, meeting the needs of both overall reasonable accuracy, as well as affordability.

I would think that would be more of an Airfix undertaking (you know, British and all).

:innocent: Tom

That totally makes sense, Tom. However, if Airfix were to do a "big" one, it would most certainly be in 1/24. Not my scale, but for the sake of those who do build in 1/24, I hope it happens.

I'm not a big fan of British Aircraft, but I could make an exception for the Beau.....IF it was in 1/32 and done well.

John

I would think that would be more of an Airfix undertaking (you know, British and all).

:innocent: Tom

Airfix sadly don't do 1/32 aircraft which is a *huge* pity. EE Lightning F.2A/6, Sea Vixen FAW.2, and yes even the Beaufighter or Supermarine Griffon Spit done to the latest spec would all be spectacular.

Revell of Germany did mostly European subjects this Century until the Hobbico influence shifted things back more towards American, which is bad news for some as it might now completely rule out a Do 17 or 217, new tool Bf 110 G-4 or neu variant Ju 88 C-6 or G-series.

The delays with the big Hornet might also be a sign of Revell focusing on smaller subjects in the future, as somebody suggested on the dead thread earlier this year. As long as Hobbico can be less parochial and consider Lavochkin and Nakajima as well as North American it might well get very interesting.

Tony

Looking forward to seeing how the Mustang turns out....

Got a hunch it will be a great kit and sell very well.

Just wondering, with the delays, if Revell can sneak in Blue Angels markings for the F/A-18E

Tony