Revell Spad XIII 1/28

CANicoll

Chris,

Your Ready for Inspection pictures are impressive to say the least. Just an amazing build of a kit that's almost 50 years old of a plane that's almost 100 years old. whatever issues you had with the EZ line doesn't seem to effect the quality of your rigging. Looks darn perfect to me.

Great idea of making a patch over the ripped decal. No one would ever question it.

Looking forward to your next build blog.

Joel

Thanks Richard and Joel, your comments are much appreciated!

Richard - I washed the parts for the Roden Fokker as well as a 1/48 Eduard Spitfire last night so I think they will be the next builds.  The Roden does look interesting - and its my first Roden kit build - so looking forward to that.  Will probably start tonight.  Anything I should be on the look out for?

Joel - I've thought about how to show patches on aircraft for a while, like patched bullet holes in a fuselage but in 1/48 or 1/72 the patches are really really small.  For the Spad, being fabric up there, I figured it would be possible to simply stitch in a larger piece of fabric over a rip or a tear.  That's how it worked in my mind anyway!   :mental:

Fantastic work, Chris! It looks terrific. You're a bit naughty, though, as we don't post GB entries in RFI, since they get their own gallery entry. :fight:

Kev

You know, after all this time you would think I would know that!  Actually, I've not done many group builds so I didn't know that.  Ok, got it now!  Sorry about that. :doh:  The Roden is not in a GB so back to 'normal'.  Thanks for letting me know!! :innocent:

Anything to look out for...

It builds nicely, and from what I have seen of your work you'll make a lovely model you will be very satisfied with

As an incurable AMS sufferer, I bodged an awful lot of it about to get what I wanted. This is not necessary for the enjoyment of this hobby

Richard