HobbyBoss IL-2M3 Shurmovik

Urs

My next project on my working bench is Stalins mudmover #1. I decided to do the swept-winged M3 version and go for a mor straight forward built a do only minor changes of the kit.

f28t12224p177059n2_DJFz_Cs_PM.jpg

Here the supplementary stuff l'll put into it.

f28t12224p177059n3_Vksxm_Cbt.jpg

I don't wanted to show the lL-2engine though the kit provided a good and detailed engine block but to show behind clear parts which phylosophy l don't understand. I just instalkey it a base to hold the prop.

f28t12224p177160n2_y_WTCp_Jjc.jpg

The dry fit of wings and fuselage is ...uhm...average.

f28t12224p177160n3_Bkst_NFDL.jpg

Thank Harv🤗

Further update. The kit cockpit lacks some further derails and is very basic. I used the Eduard PEset for that and l think it worth any cent. The now implemented pit is such a difference compared to the kit thing that you are really in doubt what aircraft the HobbyBoss team wanted to show.🙄

f28t12224p177653n4_u_Jqcdztj.jpg

f28t12224p177653n3_EGFNCVQW.jpg

f28t12224p177653n5_hug_Ex_De_T.jpg

f28t12224p177653n2_m_ARlxst_S.jpg

The "hand rail"detail in the rear pit (not the brass), is that PE, kit, or scratch made ? It looks real good.....Harv :popcorn:

Edited by Guest

Harv the four hand rails are selfmade. The folded metal sheets did not look right to me. I drilled thru the the sidewall PE sheet dlightly into the the fuselage to have better stabiltity with the rails.

Here the update of the rainy today afternoon. The compass grey mentioned in the kit manual l interpreted as a light grey with some drops of bright blue. Dark blue and medium grey for the shadows. All colors are from Tamiya except the silver straps of the tank airbrushed in AK Extreme Metal. The brown floor of the rear gunner in an interpretation by me. Eduard dont mention a color but l think its wood. The coloring is still WIP.

DSC01699.jpg

DSC01700.jpg

Nice interior!

Don't worry about the wingroot fit. The wingroot fillet was bolted onto the armored fuselage, so there is in fact a visible step along the upper rim. Just smooth out/blend in the last root segment of the wing into the rear wingroot part of the fuselage and you have an Il-2 like made in Russia.

Regards

- dutik

That's great work on the cockpit!! The Eduard stuff really helps fill out the pit. I enjoyed building the same kit, there are some fit issues, but with careful fitting and scraping, it can be built with little/no fill. The most fill i used was on the aft fuselage, filling the rivets and panel lines. Looking forward to the in progress.

Don

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I finished the last steps on the pit with dry brushing and MiG-washes. Just as I was about to glue the last strap on the pilot seat I skidded a little that left some nasty glue stain on the seat. To clean the seat I used the AK-airbrush cleaner which nearly solved the seat. After some extra hours of work I finally glued in the corrected and reworked seat. Not to be seen here is the rear gunner seat strap, which picture I'll include with the next post

DSC01702.jpg

DSC01704.jpg

DSC01707.jpg

DSC01710.jpg