I Hearby Swear NOT to Buy that Kit!

Bill Cross

Fair to say I'm in the minority!

When dealing with models of WWII military stuff, as so many here do, life and death are, by default, intertwined with the subject matter. For various reasons though, we just don't generally discuss that aspect here, is all. It's sort of an unwritten policy of this site, as well as many others on the web.

LBG-11.jpg

Photos of the real LBG above.  Shep Paine's diorama below.

i don't think this is LBG, out star board engine is intact, inner is gone where LBG was the opposite.  And the fuse break is further aft.

a 24 would be hard to resist....Im a pretty BIG fan of the 17 but a nice new 24....

as mentioned the nose art is limitless let alone the variants and mods

oh and....

did you buy it yet :P

Edited by Shawn M

I'd pass on the 17 for a 24 any day ........

Bill, here's a curve ball, what about the soon to arrive Lancaster................

Lanc is nice, but isn't my plane. The Belle was a childhood build 2x, and the Lib is a GREAT subject for modeling, including Coastal Command U-Boat hunters in various schemes.

Bloody hell Bill, it's far, far too good to be anything I've knocked together!

It's at the Lone Star Aviation Museum.

Oops, sorry, Dean. My error. :doh:

When dealing with models of WWII military stuff, as so many here do, life and death are, by default, intertwined with the subject matter. For various reasons though, we just don't generally discuss that aspect here, is all. It's sort of an unwritten policy of this site, as well as many others on the web.

Well said. I wish more figure companies would put out dead soldiers, it's part of the truth of what we do. I don't sentimentalize what I depict: every Waffen SS build causes me to pause and reflect on their bloody history.

a 24 would be hard to resist....Im a pretty BIG fan of the 17 but a nice new 24....

as mentioned the nose art is limitless let alone the variants and mods

oh and....

did you buy it yet :P

The coat hasn't sold, so, not yet. :hmmm:

i don't think this is LBG, out star board engine is intact, inner is gone where LBG was the opposite.  And the fuse break is further aft.

Surely it will have to be LBG, I find it hard to believe some other B-24 crashed in the desert in an almost identical end to LBG?

Good point about the outboard engine not having a prop though. Unexplained?

Surely it will have to be LBG, I find it hard to believe some other B-24 crashed in the desert in an almost identical end to LBG?

Good point about the outboard engine not having a prop though. Unexplained?

Sorry to high jack the thread a little Bill,

If you really study the photo above that one you'll note not just the engine swap but the dent in the leading edge of the vertical stab isn't there, the top of the fuse is completely collapsed, the starboard vertical stab is missing and the entire starboard wing is missing.  If you compare the first pic with this one you should be able to see the inner starboard prop above the canopy?   

It's either a different airframe or they muttled around with it before taking it back to Tripoli completely destroyed and I don't think that's the case due to the missing dented leading edge of the stab.