1/32 F-4G & F-4E decals

jmel

• 2 weeks later...

Stunning Gary!

This stuff and Jake's fabulous forthcoming decals have revised my build schedule!

S***! Which one to choose ! ?

If you advance the set further (not trying to be awkward) would you consider adding an etch strap ? That applies to most FY 66-71 F-4Es retro'd with LES slats. That strap would also have a Navy slat market, but would be cool for an all-in LES set for non-Arnie F-4Es.

(Arnie Es, with TISEO, had a thicker lower torque box skin with a noticeable edge where the box met the corresponding rear line coincident with the lines of the MLG bays, sort-of. Jake would know.)

Fab set. Know you have some other stuff up your sleeves which is going to revolutionise "Go Phantom!" Builders

Cheers

Tony

Stunning Gary!

This stuff and Jake's fabulous forthcoming decals have revised my build schedule!

S***! Which one to choose ! ?

If you advance the set further (not trying to be awkward) would you consider adding an etch strap ? That applies to most FY 66-71 F-4Es retro'd with LES slats. That strap would also have a Navy slat market, but would be cool for an all-in LES set for non-Arnie F-4Es.

(Arnie Es, with TISEO, had a thicker lower torque box skin with a noticeable edge where the box met the corresponding rear line coincident with the lines of the MLG bays, sort-of. Jake would know.)

Fab set. Know you have some other stuff up your sleeves which is going to revolutionise "Go Phantom!" Builders

Cheers

Tony

Nautilus products

32-701 F-4 PHANTOM REINFORCING PLATES

48-701 F-4 PHANTOM REINFORCING PLATES

As the Phantom fleet matured, there were certain design deficiencies that were discovered. The wings of the Phantoms built for carrier service and those either built or modified with slats were developing cracks in the main wing spar. McDonnell-Douglas developed a series of reinforcing plates which were attached to the exterior of the aircraft. The main item on this sheet of self-adhesive vinyl is the wing spar reinforcing plate. Seeing as there was extra room on the sheet of vinyl, we decided to supply some of the other plates often found on the Phantom. Some of these are modeled onto the kit, albeit at about 500% scale thickness. These extra plates allow the modeler to correct that error to present a more accurate model.

32-701.JPG

32-701A.JPG

I can't make a better one.   

How about PE  engine cooling vents,   you know, those vents above the exhaustion the tamiya f-4 that are way wrong shoe and solid plastic.   I was serious when I mentioned getting onto the PE side of things as well.

The vents would be a great idea in PC, CE supplied a revised set in their F-4B conversion set , but they never really had sufficient depth to look the part 

Oh as while we're thinking about extras for the dear old Phantom , how about a decently detailed Nose gear bay , I spent many unhappy hours trying to dress mine up , never really looked any good however! - and , my personal fav , a late model RF-4 camera bay to replace the original bay in the Revell kit .. ok wish list over 

Colin 

(possessor of a complete F-4G built a LONG time ago !)

The vents would be a great idea in PC, CE supplied a revised set in their F-4B conversion set , but they never really had sufficient depth to look the part 

Oh as while we're thinking about extras for the dear old Phantom , how about a decently detailed Nose gear bay , I spent many unhappy hours trying to dress mine up , never really looked any good however! - and , my personal fav , a late model RF-4 camera bay to replace the original bay in the Revell kit .. ok wish list over 

Colin 

(possessor of a complete F-4G built a LONG time ago !)

No plans to redo the front wheel well at this time, but I know what you are talking about.   the RF set will be a reality for the Tamiya F-4C/D kit later this year if all goes according to plan.   Those parts should fit in the Revell nose also.

It's been a struggle to keep up with demand the past 8 months. We had some production issues and time away; we all work full time jobs. Most of our line has proven quite popular in japan, so we're now working to balance out domestic orders with overseas demands in order to provide level field of sale.  Many of our masters have been down refurbished and should now last for quite a few runs. We are restocking all 32nd F-4 intakes, F-4G conversions, J-79 Exhaust (we will now be carrying the short nozzle Exhaust) these next couple of weeks. F-4J/S and F-4C-G wheels will be added to the line up by mid-month, along with more wheels sets to be announced later this week.

32410-when will we see a restock on the web page? (Revell 1/32 Phantom intakes for those that are curious)

@Viper:

Is the PAVE Knife pod going to happen ? A lot of the site says "coming in October 2013" or similar. Also very interested in F-15/16 wheels. Can you say when you'll next have some in stock ?

@Gary:

I have a copy of the Nautilus set and a wooden template kindly made by DaveOh, from which I can fashion straps from styrene card, but I still think it would be better in etch.

Am *seriously* interested in the RF-4 conversion and detailed interior. Need two, for an RF-4C and RF-4E. Markings for Udorn OZ jet 604 now complete - just waiting to hear from Greg Drawbaum at Draw Decal regarding schedule of the test run.

The vents above the jet cans need replacing, as do the vents around the nose (oval on r/h side of F-4E, rectangular one aft of NLG bay etc)

Agree with Colin about the NLG bay. It needs a PE insert for the front wall. Eduard did that but am not sure of availability. See page 2 of...

http://www.eduard.com/store/out/media/32148.pdf

If you're in touch with Mick Roth he has spectacular A-6 info. and could help you do an A-6B and A-6C conversion for the Trumpeter.

Ditto the F-4C WILD WEASEL IV-B/C. Have designed some decals for that with four different schemes on three jets and will get more printed along with detailed instructions if you handle that one. I think it's one of Derek's too-much-to-do-first-so-it'll-never-get-done projects.

Cheers

Tony

Tony, I will try to address one at a time:

have a copy of the Nautilus set and a wooden template kindly made by DaveOh, from which I can fashion straps from styrene card, but I still think it would be better in etch. 

Possibility.   I will look into it

Am *seriously* interested in the RF-4 conversion and detailed interior. Need two, for an RF-4C and RF-4E. Markings for Udorn OZ jet 604 now complete - just waiting to hear from Greg Drawbaum at Draw Decal regarding schedule of the test run. 

After the Nats this fall

The vents above the jet cans need replacing, as do the vents around the nose (oval on r/h side of F-4E, rectangular one aft of NLG bay etc)

If I have the exhaust vents done, I will have a set done that will have all of the vents form all of the Phantoms in one fret.    Also plan on doing the F-15 with the Bypass vents on top of the fuselage.

Agree with Colin about the NLG bay. It needs a PE insert for the front wall. Eduard did that but am not sure of availability. See page 2 of...

An option is the Flight path set for the Revell, or just scratch build one which is what I do.   What would you guys be willing to pay for a highly detailed set of  wheel wells?  I ask because all three are bad, and I am doing a thin wing set too, and it makes no sense to do a set if no one buys them.   To make a combo set in Resin and PE would be the best method and it would have to sell for $45-$55 a set and have demad in the 100's for it to be viable financially.  IF you guys can convince me it is, I will do it.    
http://www.eduard.co...media/32148.pdf

Eduard still makes this set, but Verlinden makes a better vent part in their F-4D cockpit set.  That set's PE and little Resin bits are very handy for Phantom builders.

If you're in touch with Mick Roth he has spectacular A-6 info. and could help you do an A-6B and A-6C conversion for the Trumpeter. 

I know nothing about A-6's.  If someone wants to do the research and pursuit this hit me with a PM.  My time is is booked with the F-4, f-15, and the F-105

Ditto the F-4C WILD WEASEL IV-B/C. Have designed some decals for that with four different schemes on three jets and will get more printed along with detailed instructions if you handle that one. I think it's one of Derek's too-much-to-do-first-so-it'll-never-get-done projects.

Planned for this fall and winter   These are easy sets for me to do since they are mostly small parts and interior panels.

I hope that covers it for now.

thanks, Gary

Gary,

Great news!

I don't feel the need for all-new F-4 wheel wells but others might. If the Eduard set's still widely available that's enough for me - and maybe others.

Very interested in F-15 and F-105. The vent for the F-15C/J JFS especially. The F-105D needs a new canopy, like the long OOP CE one, cast in clear resin.

The Wild Weasel IV conversion requires a fairing/pallet for the left fwd Sparrow well, permanently plumbed in. It housed some the ER-142 gear and a strike camera. Mick Roth can help you.

Cheers

Tony

• 2 weeks later...