Bucker B131D Jungmann

mozart

A tiny bit of progress with the IPs.  I used Airscale's bits and pieces; not strictly Luftwaffe it's true but better by far than those provided with the kit

izmnop.jpg

Using the walk around pictures on the link I posted earlier, I've marked the locations on the upper and lower wings and the cowling where I think I need to drill for the rigging, this doesn't include the aileron nor the tail plane positions:

mgwoOJ.jpg

8lqafM.jpg

VoFC69.jpg

eDfCCj.jpg

MIqhtM.jpg

Hoping to get on with it this evening.

Bit more progress with this delightful little kit; it's such a simple build and fits together beautifully:

mfBtoN.jpg

wSMoML.jpg

4l7Fp0.jpg

I've drilled the rigging attachment point positions and fitted turnbuckles in the upper wing.  At the Yeovil model show last Saturday I was lucky enough to get some Uschi van Rosten 0.03 rigging line for a very good price, it's quality is so much better than Ezeline and much finer so it will easily pass doubled through 0.3mm microtube:

e5XLZD.jpg

KhUruW.jpg

I'll be spraying the kit shortly before starting on the actual rigging, and I think the last thing that I'll fit will be the undercarriage.
Max

Great looking build.  Thanks for posting all the pics.

I've just ordered one of these kits, so I'll be following this with interest.

Which version will you be doing?

Thanks Ken.  I have a great interest in the Nachtjagd, so mine will be finished as per a Luftkriegschule example shown in the kit as NJG 1 1943. 

The engine as it stands is quite detailed, on this model none of it apart from the front cylinder will be visible but it's a good learning exercise for the next one where the engine will be exposed!

3IX6vh.jpg

i13nEi.jpg

G2uvMc.jpg

Fuselage finished and now a little paint, RLM02:

68dp4i.jpg

30752R.jpg

I'm not a great fan of transfers/decals so I wanted to test what the ICM ones were like before deciding whether to cut my own masks or not, so I applied spare ones to my "hack" Hurricane:

JNExk7.jpg

ouXh2D.jpg

and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised.  They take a bit of soaking time to get them moving, but they adhere and settle very well, these without the use of Microsol etc., so I'll probably use the kit-supplied transfers.

A few more research images:

PImnWK.jpg

sqTZwI.jpg

LoFpjk.jpg

E24dYO.jpg

dfHByH.jpg

Rigging attached for upper wing, that's the easy bit done!

Q4lkaH.jpg

I have a bit of a dilemma because the Jungmann was fitted with leather "boots" covering the turnscrews:

eMXiu5.jpg

but I'm not sure 1) if I'm going to attempt to replicate this and 2) if I do the best way of going about it!  Any thoughts chaps?

Max