Hawker Typhoon 1:24 scale

Ripaman

Gulp!

Kev

Thanks Kev, Its a small detail but one that I think will stand out.

looks awesome mate..

will try my best to get pics of that matador/coles at some point in the not too distant future.

Love to see those pictures Rich

Hi Richard,

this is when I wish I had the room for tools. I like it,

Cheers,

Mike

It is a shame you don't have room for tools Mike, I see modellers on this site which don't need them, and they make great stuff.

Whoa!  Love that!

Sincerely,

Mark

Thanks Mark, it just highlights those deadly guns

Outstanding work!!! Truely talented mate!

Cheers

Alan

Thanks for the kind remark Alan, 

Regards

Richard

Edited by Ripaman

Excuse me whilst I just go and pick my jaw up from the flaw.  That is superb workmanship that I can only ever dream of.  Wow.  Can't wait for more updates.

Dave

Thanks for looking in Dave, I do go overboard abit, but I find it relaxing to do.

What Kevin said "Gulp"

Wonderful craftsmanship

Michael

Thanks Micheal, the AirFix Typhoon is a great base to add as much detail as you want to do.

Exquisite! :)

Craig

Hi Craig this was a very small detail, not like your undertaking on the B17 just love what you are doing mate.

Wow, Richard, just wow. This is the sort of stuff I see on this site, which I just thought was "out of scope" for modelling until someone like you just goes and does it.

Cheers

Jim

Thanks Jim, I think you know "out of scope" detail as well, I see it with your Dio

Very nice work Richard.

Ron

Thanks alot Ron

So jealous of your work. I see the stuff you're doing on this, and wishing I had some of those skills when I did my Typhoon.

Since you are detailing stuff, I would like to suggest you either beef up or re-do the landing gear mounts. Mine have both broken in the past year since I finished it during transport to various shows.   Both sheared off at the mounting point.  Just something I thought I might mention, although it's probably more down to my own faults than anything else.

Matt  :frantic:

Hi Matt, I think your Typhoon came out just Brilliant, and thanks for the suggestion on the landing gear, I was thinking of adding a brass rod inside the legs and having it go right into the mount points??

I've missed your work, I loved the updates on the Hurricane! It seems like years since I've seen anything from you and I'm glad you are now doing your thing on the Airfix Tiffy!

Hi Radders, Yes got to get the Hurri out and get it finished, just took a break and as you say it has been a couple of years, time just flies. 

Richard

WOW! Looking simply brilliant.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thanks very much Peter

Richard, what can I say mate.....words fail me. Model engineering at its best!

Thanks mate, you know I love to do the small detail, just like you do.

Thanks again everyone for looking in

Until next time

Regards

Richard 

Hi Matt, I think your Typhoon came out just Brilliant, and thanks for the suggestion on the landing gear, I was thinking of adding a brass rod inside the legs and having it go right into the mount points??

Regards

Richard 

Thanks Richard. I think that would work well. Use some sort of telescoping brass rod and tube, and place it into the landing gear mount. It's what I've done on mine to repair them after they broke.

Matt  :frantic:

• 2 years later...

​I saw some of this work a while back and have today finally signed up so that I could see all, but to my dismay I cannot view the images ?, is there something I need to do ?.

John..

​

​

Firstly, welcome aboard, John!

:post1:

Secondly, you can blame Photobucket for not being able to see the images, although in this case, it looks like Richard might have moved them around within Photobucket, causing their respective links to change. In other words, it's not you! And unfortunately, only Richard can fix it.

Kev