T-28 1/32 Kitty Hawk

DirkE

First paint on. I tried a different approach. First I used a light coat white Alclad primer. Then I got this Gundammarker for the panel lines. After that the Tamiya weatheringset 87088 (hier the oil stain) and applied a bit around the panel lines. Finally I used Mr.Color (mixed with 50% Mr.Thinner) around 20 psi. Not that bad I think.  (hmm..I think I need to adjust my white balance on the camera again)

Main reason I did that, is that I don´t fill up all the rivets with primer, paint, varnish and then have to try to highlight the fine rivets and panel lines.

IMG_3065_zpsz6wxlxma.jpg

IMG_3067_zpsrv0znhvg.jpg

IMG_3072_zpsjcutyosh.jpg

Edited by DirkE

Update. I decided to close the speed brake, but to open the cargo hatch. But the speed brake needs to be sanded. It isn´t designed to be shown closed. Wings or on. Fitting from the wings to the fuselage is extremly good. Little filling needed. The landing lights on the port side must be closed if you want to model a T-28B Navy version.Overall, a big bird!

IMG_3107_zps9zvmgh89.jpg

IMG_3109_zps2fbgf2lf.jpg

IMG_3108_zpsom5rwhai.jpg

IMG_3112_zps3w9gikui.jpg

That looks LOVELY!  I really like it.     Im hoping mine will start to look like a T-28 soon.

I bow to you guys who paint parts before they glue them in!  Id have glue on, or in some way have messed up that paint and decals if I painted before installation for SURE.   :lol:

That looks LOVELY!  I really like it.     Im hoping mine will start to look like a T-28 soon.

I bow to you guys who paint parts before they glue them in!  Id have glue on, or in some way have messed up that paint and decals if I painted before installation for SURE.   :lol:

Same with me! Your red, as Shawn wrote, looks authentic, which is not easy!

Cheers, Tom

I have never seen pictures of a Marine bird, just the Navy ones. The Navy brass would go insane seeing their trainers all dirty like that.

Great subject, awesome job so far.

I just hope you used LOTS of additional weight inside the fuselage. It needs every single ounce you can cram in there,

Ernie

The weights that come with the kit are 60 Gramm. I figured, that the assembled kit (without gear and paint) is around 130 Gramm. Now I just need the weight of the front and the back part of the plane, do a little mathematics and voila... :) no, I just use everything I have....

I have never seen pictures of a Marine bird, just the Navy ones. The Navy brass would go insane seeing their trainers all dirty like that.

Great subject, awesome job so far.

I just hope you used LOTS of additional weight inside the fuselage. It needs every single ounce you can cram in there,

Ernie

Did you ever figure out how much extra beyond the OOB weight you needed to make yours sit on all three legs Ern?

Coming along nicely. When I get around to starting mine I'll be able to come back and check yours and Clunkmeister's builds so I don't make too many mistakes, etc. I'm anticipating some nice PE from Eduard and already have some beautiful resin pieces from Harold at AMS. Also awaiting the upcoming decal sheet from AOA. Keep up the good work! :)