Dawn of the jet age-Arado 234 bomber

JRutman

Hello gents n ladies

This is a Combat Models vac it I slapped together back in around 1995 or so.  Everything is scratchbuilt save the wings and fuselage. The canopy was mastered by me and vacced by Mr Karl Juelch. The figs are highly modified Airfix multi-pose 1/32 scalers. The start cart is made up but the Ketten is the antique Tamiya kit. I even made the bombs !

This is leaving me today as a gift to my cancer doc and I can't think of a better home for it. I did want to get a few last pics though and here are my humble efforts.

This aircraft is supposed to represent one from the Bomber Wing 76 commanded by Major Baumbeck and was the unit sent to bomb the Remagen Bridge if I remember correctly. The blue on the nacelles denoted a sub unit marking,the gruppe,I think. It has been decades since I researched this so I may not recall correctly and to be honest,I didn't have much in the way of refs back then. This was before I started my resin biz and I had very limited means. The kit was a gift from John Rucks of Combat.

IMG_1540_zpsdihbhq7n.jpg

Edited by JRutman