A Very Sad Day - Passing of Dr. Charles Metz

This is extremely sad. I was only in contact with Charlie in the last week, enquiring about his health. He told me it was 'Plan C' at that point.

Too many folks are succumbing to the Big C, and this is tragic.

Fair speed Charlie.

I am very sadened at hearing this news, Charlie and I were friends and he offered his expertise and wisdom without reservation. You lived your life well Charles, you did right with your time on this Earth.... rest in peace and may God bless your soul and comfort your family. I will miss you brother.

Sincerely,

Alan

Guest Ta152H1

I first read about Charles' passing on HS and that left me absolutely speachless.I'm posting my condolences to his family here hoping that at least for today members will refrain from "guessing the model"...I don't even feel like smiling...let alone thinking about the hobby!

Godspeed Charles!

Lou

I first read about Charles' passing on HS and that left me absolutely speachless.I'm posting my condolences to his family here hoping that at least for today members will refrain from "guessing the model"...I don't even feel like smiling...let alone thinking about the hobby!

Godspeed Charles!

Lou

Each to their own.

Personally, news like this makes me very sad as well, however, its the hobby itself that eventually does get that smile back on my face.

Im sure Charlie would want us to whittle some plastic in his memory.....................I know its what I would want for my fellow modelers.

l just got up and read of his passing on Hyperscale. My condolances to his family. l will miss charles as he was a great source of informations and an all round good guy. He had help me alot in the past with projects both big and small and was always willing to give a hand. He endless resources will be missed

I can only echo the sentiments posted here; Dr. Metz's commentary and expertise were always welcome. He will be missed!

Godspeed, Dr. Metz!

Tim W.

That's very sad news

I think we were all hoping for Charles to recover.

I have nothing more to add to what is already said.

My sincere condoleances to Charles' family and friends

Peter

Thanks Kev. Does anyone know - in modelling terms - what his passion was?

Derek

From what I understand, it was WW2 aircraft, with a special interest in Luftwaffe types. I suppose he was like a lot of us in that respect, and it helps to explain why his presence and wisdom resonated so strongly here at LSP.

Kev