OA-4M Skyhawk rear cockpit

One-Oh-Four

I recently rediscovered Hasegawa's  OA-4M in the attic. It seems that the rear IP is that of a TA-4J while I would assume that the rear cockpit would resemble the IP of an A-4M.

ta4j-vt25-rear-mod1.jpg

Rear cockpit photo of a TA-4J from www.a4skyhawk.org 

Can anyone help me with pics on the rear OA-4M cockpit?

Thanks in advance!

Erik B.

Edited by One-Oh-Four

Hi,

In fact, the information explaining that the TA-4J pit and the OA-4M one are identical is surely an urban legend! I got three pictures of the pit in old Japanese books many years ago and I immediately got the feeling this assumption was erroneous. As I did not succeed in finding good pictures anywhere, I finally purchased the NATOPS technical manual. This showed that there were two types of instrument panels and that there are some major differences with the TA-4J. This also confirmed that the photoetched IPs more or less correspond to one of the two types but are not fully accurate. Moreover, this is worse for the side consoles and the IP covers (essentially the front one) should have many additional small instruments and boxes whereas the kit has none! Unfortunately, this area is very visible on the kit... Moreover,, the TM views only give "flat views" and to add the aforementioned boxes, it is necessary to use the rare and misindentified pictures as well... This explains why I still have to see one OA-4M kit with a correct cockpit! Too bad! I considered making a correction set for Harold some years ago but as usual time availability is the problem.

Here's the source of my TM:

www.flight-manuals.com/01-40avd-1p.html

Hth

Thierry