HobbyBoss Spit Vb canopy replacement

Thunda

Hi All,

Ive got a Spitfire Vb by HobbyBoss coming to the top of the build list, and Ive read that one of the kits weak points is its canopy and particularly the windscreen.

I know HpH to a correction set which gives you all three clear pieces, new wheel centres, cockpit door and the horizontal stabilizers, but its 31 Euros plus delivery, which is more than I paid for the kit! Considering I only really want the canopy parts it seems false economy. Ive heard people say use the Hasgawa or Tamiya parts, but I know for a fact the Tamiya parts are a real awkward fit, and I dont see many 'spare' Hasegawa canopies around (no idea how easy to fit either).

So my question is, does anyone know of any other companies making a canopy for this kit, or if there are any other possibilities to fix it?

I built two Hobbyboss Spitfires last year, the Vb Trop is the one that needs the new windscreen, I looked in my Hasegawa Mk.V kits to see if there was a possible fit there but they did not come near, in the end I bought the HPH detail set which fitted fine and I used the elevators as well. It's a shame that someone like Alleycat does not make replacements just for the clear parts.

Cheers

Dennis

Edited by dennismcc

Thanks Dennis... unfortunately, the product is listed as 'not available'!

I hope they reissue it at some point!!

Cheers

Alan

Alan ... 

Just email Mirek or Jiri at HpH ... that's how I end up doing most of my orders - as they use couriers for o/seas shipping ... but you should get a reasonably quick response - within a few days.

this is the email I usually use: jarombekova@hphmodels.cz

Rog :)