Marui 1/36 Piper Cherokee

Phantom2

Hi all!

This weekend I found an very unusual model kit, a Piper Cherokee in 1/36 scale from a manufacturer named Marui.

IMG_1013_zpsc1hqyzpe.jpg

Never seen this kit before, haven´t even heard of Marui.

Can anyone enlighten me, Please?

Does this kit even count as a LSP?

Cheers!

Stefan  :)

Hi Stefan,

Had this kit a couple of years, together with the float cessna of the same brand, sold them though, but i can say that they are basic but very much buildable, and concerning the Piper Cherokee, the only game in town at this moment.

The Cherokee will build up into a very nice little model, and if you're into civillian aircraft models it sure fits into it.

As to counting as a LSP, i think you won't have to worry about that, quite some established LSP builders have the kit in their stash....

Jack

Hi Jack!

Yes, it´s a quite basic kit, but it looks very nice in the box, so I will build it in the near future.

I have a soft spot for these small aeroplanes and now I have to find the Cessna 172 too, that´s one of my favorite civvies.  :wub:

Thanks!

Stefan  :)

There was an earlier issue of the 1/36 Marui  Cherokee, No. 3 / MT48, with decals for Japanese registration, JA3633. I only know because it's in my stash.  Only problem is that the "clear" sprues in some of the Cherokee kits had a garish "blue" tint, which would be nigh-on impossible to hide in the finished model.

Their Cessna 172 Skyhawk was issued in two versions; land plane & float plane, but since the floats were an additional sprue, that version could be built as a landplane if one wished

Edited by Rob Owens

Didn't Bandai or Nichimo do kits like this in odd scales as well? I seem to remember seeing civil subjects in really strange scales like this

Matt :frantic:

Yep, in 1/20 scale ... I have a 172 I got from LSP_Mike ...

Hubert

Yep, in 1/20 scale ... I have a 172 I got from LSP_Mike ...

Hubert

And THAT gentlemen is a very nice kit i must say.........have it in the stash, figuring out how to convert it to a diesel engined cessna, ....but that's a whole other story.

Marui has some interesting kits i must say......

I'd love to snag the 1/20 Cessna 172, but then again, I wish someone would make a 1/32 Cessna 152. Both of which will probably never happen sadly!

I would try to scratchbuild the 152, but my name is not Fozzy and I don't have a big stash of yogurt lids!

Tim

Edited by Hawkwrench

• 3 weeks later...