Eduard P-40N EduArt Series

Flipper

Well, a copy for sure, but not really a very good copy.  Skull details wrong.  Name wrong.  Serial number height/width/stroke proportions wrong.

Think it's not a copy?  Check the camo pattern on the rudder.  That was essentially randomly drawn by my hand.  

Oh well.

Gp39HY.jpg

Er, looks different to me!

I have an earlier N release but I love the Brutal Lulu markings. Hmmmmm. Might have to get another one.

The Kiwi modelers are suggesting the NZ markings are a tad too light in color, or? The reason I ask I have an M model with me and I thought I'd use the decals off this sheet for the P-40 M I have here in Singapore with me.

Any comments on the original Kiwi markings from the P-40 M kit? They seem really dark blue. One of the recent Classic wings down under magazine had a nice article on a real P-40N that was restored recently. The NZ roundels on the restored P-40N are lite blue in color. Which is it? Light or dark? I suppose I open a major can or worms on this one. Sorry gent's. The RNZAF operated the P-40 in combat and flew the heck out of them. Some really awesome markings on their birds.

Cheers

Hi Troy,

I haven't seen the magazine, can you define light blue?

The RNZAF NEVER ever used light blue ( Powder Blue/Electric Blue) markings either on  aircraft used for training at home in New Zealand or especially on the front line in the Pacific  areas.

Check out these Ventura Decals (1/72 I know) for a P 40, they are the colours that would be found on a frontline aircraft.

http://www.venturapublications.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=82&products_id=309

The advanced training aircraft wore a Pacific Roundel that equates to about Humbrol 25 or slightly darker

Unfortunately (being a Kiwi I'm embarrassed) Ventura did produce some decals as in the link below, but they have lets say been taught the error of their ways :doh: and are now producing the correct colours. :)

http://www.venturapublications.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=255

The colours were a BALM colour which did fade, but the SU's (Servicing Units) would redo the Roundel colours as they had time. The colours never faded though to the Light/Electric Blue, and folks/modellers who insist on that colour(s) have no idea about RNZAF Markings.

Hope that helps?

Regards

Alan

Agree if someone is despairing for the hobby in 2017 man they should of tried modelling in the 80's and 90's. the gaps in 32nd releases was measured in years not weeks.

If someone doesn't like a Pinup style artwork marketing drive well I would highly recommend they avoid,B-17's, B-29's(!!!), B-25's, B-26's as they are adorned with more breasts than a Hugh Hefner run beach party.

I did model in the 80s and 90s. Just not 1/32 aircraft. I was fiddling with space shuttles and saturn V rockets and cars and scifi stuff back then.

Back then there was an entire aisle at my local Toys 'R' Us dedicated to model kits and supplies. I could get models and paints at my local drug store too. And I had 2 giant hobby shops plus some smaller ones in my neighborhood. All gone now. All of it. There's a few cheap kits at Michael's but nothing I'd considering worth buying anymore.