Eduard P-40N EduArt Series

Flipper

Decals in reality are much more close to the colors from instruction sheet. Distributors leaflet is more for information as for considering the reality:

https://www.scalemates.com/products/img/3/8/8/1076388-73-instructions.pdf

Then why print the wrong colours on the distributors leaflet??? - Makes no sense?

The colours on the decal sheet are more suited for the Home Roundels worn in New Zealand, but still too light

for actual colour used in the forward areas, and the "G" Code letter is still missing on NZ3220......................

Edited by LDSmodeller

This is the reason I just went for the overtrees option. I have the decals for the scheme I want (Ventura decals Gloria Lyons) and the resin bits required, narrow tyres, exhausts and the drilled out breather plates. That and the fact I got a Hasegawa P-40N for under £40 delivered. May well order another if there's still overtrees available come next pay day. All I need is decals for the stencil data, which are proving a little hard to find and proving to be the only stumbling block at the moment.

Does Eduard do the overtree thing with other company's molds? I thought this was only for their own in-house kits (MiG-21, Spit, etc)? I would've picked up bunch of the 1/48 Academy F-4s and Hasegawa A-4s if they had/have overtree offerings of those from when Eduard boxed them.

Well, this was a surprise for me too... Yes they offer overtrees for P-40N. I am not sure, but Eduards CEO mentioned this before, but of course, this was not pushed forward, due to the possibility of ruining the market with their full kit.

I had suggested other options for a "Burma Banshees" P-40N, but they wanted to stick to that machine, flown by (one of) the last 80th FG pilots still alive... Phillip Adair sadly passed away last month.

P-40N #1 flown by Ivan McElroy would have been an interesting option, or Bob Gale's "Dikam Death".

See my blog: http://burmabansheesblog.blogspot.fr/ or the "Burma Banshees" Facebook page.

Come on, Rising Decals ;)

Hope they appear with US retailers. I really don't want to pay for overseas shipping.

Bill M.

The price I paid for overtrees would have been only 26.31 Euros if I lived outside the EEC, the postage to the UK was 10 Euros, doubt if would have been much more across the pond...