Hasegawa Fw 190D-9 "Yellow 11"

Thunnus

Thanks for the comments everyone!

That is ever so realistic, and the in progress photos are inspiring and extremely helpful, do you have any more ?

Cheers

Dennis

Always happy to share my work with other modelers!  I couldn't get the Eagle 3-piece gun cowling to fit due to a bit shrinkage and some warpage.  I probably could've massage it into place but instead, I used it as a model to modify the kit's cowling, which has very exaggerated humps over the guns.

IMG_0827_zpsgidzcjpk.jpg

IMG_0831_zpspjx6nq89.jpg

IMG_0845_zps8tdnjeca.jpg

IMG_0846_zpsyp8ww9kb.jpg

IMG_0849_zpsgnwtvf8n.jpg

IMG_0850_zpshitg65ck.jpg

The landing gear components after painting.  The data plate decals from Eagle on the legs are a great enhancement.

IMG_1229_zpsaeyg80dt.jpg

I really wanted to add lighter colored sidewalls to the tailwheel tire.  This is from a 1/48 Ju88G-6 and I think it adds a nice touch but I couldn't find a way to do it with the Dora tail wheel since it was a one-piece molding.

IMG_0293_zps3ownmcky.jpg

The antennas and pitot tube were replaced with either stretched sprue or brass tubing.  The loop antenna was fabricated from a piece of soda can.  Coke works best.

IMG_1257_zpsquugujta.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I know I already posted about this build, but I just revisited your photos and have to chime in again about how great this work really is. I will be using this as a reference for my other LW builds!

Cheers, Tom

Thanks for all of the much-too-kind comments!  The Dora has always been one of my favorite aircraft so I was very excited to build Hasegawa kit in 1/32.  I'm one of those guys that drifted away from the hobby some 30 years ago when I left home for college.  I vividly remember the old Revell 1/32 190D-9 kit...

Revell%20H215%20FW190DEx.JPG

Put together with a tube of Testor's glue and no paint, I hung it from my bedroom ceiling with fishing line.  I rediscovered scale modeling a few years ago and am glad to have the opportunity to revisit the Dora.  This time with some paint!

Thanks again for the nice comments!  If I do another 1/32 subject, maybe I'll work up enough nerve to do a WIP here at LSP.  :)