Whoa, it's been 3.5 months since my last post!
Well, life got in the way. I had a very busy period with work, with several business trips.
In between, I managed to work on the Dauntless, but didn't got around posting stuff.
So, what follows next happened in the past, and any good advice cannot be followed anymore!
Even more, the Dauntless is finished, but I will not show pictures of the finished article yet.
Anyway, I continued with the decals:
The old Matchbox decals behaved well with Sol and Set, but needed some touch-ups, as the next pictures show:
The pictures were taken before the excess decal solvent was wiped off.
Touch-ups were executed later on during the build. I haven't made any dedicated pictures of that.
The wobbly gloss was on the decals and became better after a coat of Klear.
The crew needed to be assembled and painted too.
This is what I started with:
After cleaning up and painting, they look like this:
Good enough below a closed canopy.
They got sunglasses (Tamiya smoke) and the pilot's left hand was twisted to rest upon the throttle handle.
Walkways on both wing roots were made from 8 mm wide black decal strip:
A suitable tail wheel was found in the spares box.
It started life as a much too small main wheel of an Airfix MiG-15 (the newer tool):
More in the next post.