TAC Scale Dynamics 1/32 Mig-15 bis

Guest Martinnfb

A question, does anybody know the purpose of this cut out located on the inner  fence. I presume it has something to do with the gear indicator and if so , why is it not located on the right wing as well?

Take it as a riddle competition, the winner will get bragging rights and my eternal admiration :)

mig-15_005.jpg

nice inner detail w/o the engine unit

mig15-011b.jpgmig15-009b.jpg

Martin,

You're sure this is from a MiG-15 ? The center of the splitter fairing looks very "sharp" to my MiG-ignorant eye. I thought it was rounded (as per your previous pics posted above). But then I don't know anything about the subtleties of the 15's variants.

Hubert.

PS: now I understand better: it was just the cutting line in the middle of two pics ! Thanks for reinstating the "carriage return", Martin !

Edited by MostlyRacers

in the squadron walkaround the cutout is explained. but i´m at the office and cant take a look. as far as i remember its because of the MLG indicator for the pilot to be able to see

Thank You Karl, I realized that some later Fagots had a flaps indicator just behind the main gear one, so that's why the cut out is on such a weird place,3372216208_5c926858df_z.jpg

and here is the position quite clear, gear down, flaps up ( no indicator protruding)  MiG-15_indicator_04.jpg

and here , gear down , flaps up no cut out :)

MiG-15_indicator_03.jpg

Martin,

You're sure this is from a MiG-15 ? The center of the splitter fairing looks very "sharp" to my MiG-ignorant eye. I thought it was rounded (as per your previous pics posted above). But then I don't know anything about the subtleties of the 15's variants.

Hubert.

PS: now I understand better: it was just the cutting line in the middle of two pics ! Thanks for reinstating the "carriage return", Martin !

Yeah it's funny how angled picture can create distortion and play games with our imagination. Also I use to be under impression that I know technical details of Mig-15 as a child I saw them on every second playground, I was wrong. The picture shows Mig-15 UTI . Thanks for stopping by Hubert.

Looking great so far Martin!  Should be a fun kit.

Keep up the great work

Paul 

Thank you Paul, as I said before I was not planning to build it, being stuck under impression that this kit is way too precious, well not anymore, with the arrival of HpH kit,,,,but it is going to be nice learning experience. Since I was kicked out from school I do have some free time on my hands :)for now.

She looks great so far Martin!  The nice thing about these resin kits is how fast they take shape!

Keep up the great work!

Paul  

Thank You for the support Paul , you are right superglue it's fast for sure. Last night  after I managed to glue together my index finger with the fuselage and after I somehow ribbed it off It got stuck with my underwear . Of course I didn't try to wipe it off ! :)There are still huge gaps in the inlet  and around connecting point of the vertical stabilizer.so by now it's more than obvious that there is going to be a scribing session coming up very soon.

Maertin

Awesome work on the front offcie and seat. Looking mighty good.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thank You Peter, the office was still wet and grungy and that was the way how I set it inside of the fuselage. Take it like a coat of primer the detail work will happened thru  the top of it where all the detail is actually visible.

Looks great Martin!  I like the scheme you're pondering  :popcorn:

Kai

Thank You Kai,

I was contemplating red nose in overall natural metal finish, but considering that amount of  polishing and re-scribing and polishing, I may chicken out of it. Camo will be just fine, also for the NMF surface the national insignia should be just plane star with halos without the white background, and kid decal sheet does not provide them. Next time when Tamiya finally releases they Faggot, we will go to the town with rivets and post shaded aluminum panels :)

Thank You guys for stopping by, today I am home alone , so back to the bench!

Wow martin, great start ! Not sorry one bit I dragged you kicking and screaming into this one.She is going to look killer.....Harv :popcorn:  :popcorn: