Whats the 411 on that B-17F gents?

Guest Smitty44

So, to summarize what I read: The "G" kit that is out now is it, as regards staggered waist gun positions; the "F" kit was made from the modified molds of the "G" kit.

Did anyone ask about the Lanc, or the P-51B??

I'll stick me neck out and say the Lanc will be March - June next year as the F was early to mid this year and looks like Sept onwards. So on that basis I will ask for cash at Chrimbo to help fund the Lanc :innocent:  :whistle: :rofl:

Graham

Did I also get the first mention of Chrimbo in :evil_laugh:

I'll stick me neck out and say the Lanc will be March - June next year as the F was early to mid this year and looks like Sept onwards. So on that basis I will ask for cash at Chrimbo to help fund the Lanc :innocent:  :whistle: :rofl:

Graham

Did I also get the first mention of Chrimbo in :evil_laugh:

You might have got the first mention, but do any of your stores have Christmas decor out for sale yet? Our Hobby Lobby chain over here has had that stuff out for almost two weeks already, and Summer isn't officially over, let alone passing through Fall first!

...Did anyone ask about the Lanc, or the P-51B??

Hi Mike,

When I asked if the Lancaster was next on their release schedule, the HK rep said no, due to further re-tooling (they want to depict "lapped" skin joints as a surface feature).

He indicated that the British Phantoms were likely next on the HK release schedule.

To the OP - sorry for adding to the thread creep! The new B-17 looks nice though. The rep pointed out that 45% of the E/F features re-tooled moldings, including portions of the wing.

Rich

Edited by allthumbs

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the clarification. I will yield to you on this, as your information sounds more solid and better sourced.

I realize now, the gentleman I spoke to was not in fact a Hong Kong Models rep, but instead, a distributor of their kits.

Sorry if I stirred the pot -- in the process disappointing the Lanc fans, while dispensing false hope to the "toom" enthusiasts. I'll try to be more careful next time!

Rich

Rich, no worries mate, we all have endless patience, and we don't mind a whit if a kit takes a little extra time. The lapped skin effect will be well worth the wait for the Lanc. I'm pretty sure we all may have one, maybe two kits in the stash waiting to be built, and so can allow the manufacturer some additional time....

...and that was LSP Kevin that spoke to Neil from HK, so thank you to him for the further clarifications.

I'm pretty sure we all may have one HUNDRED, maybe two HUNDRED kits in the stash waiting to be built, and so can allow the manufacturer some additional time....

... yep ... no rush here!!  :innocent:

Rog :)

Well ... it looks like those prophets of nose-gate doom and gloom will be largely ignored ...

I can understand frustrations of those that want it "just right", but this kit looks outstanding to me - I'm getting one!

Rog :)