B-25J Betty's Dream(ing) of a French Kiss

BloorwestSiR

I think only the cannon armed H model had the short seat on the co-pilots side. The glass nose and 8 gun nose had dual controls for both pilots. Will have to dig out my 1944 Erection and Maintenance Manual.

You are correct sir !.....Harv

Well, it looks like Betty's Dream had the later style "coffin seats" with the wrap around armour. Not sure how I'm going to replicate those. I have a small drawing of what they look like. The good thing is the HGW seats have been giving me fits as they constantly fall apart so it's a mixed blessing to yank them out.

Although I might need the shorter co-pilot seat for French Kiss.

Will have to do some more reading.

Carl

I think only the cannon armed H model had the short seat on the co-pilots side. The glass nose and 8 gun nose had dual controls for both pilots. Will have to dig out my 1944 Erection and Maintenance Manual.

Supposedly, aircraft up to serial number 44-29914 had the seats HGW made. The reference I have (B-25 The Ultimate Look) says the shorter co-pilot seat was to facilitate access to the escape hatch overhead.

Guest Clunkmeister

Wow,

Just looked through it all again, and as usual, Carl's conducting a clinic.

Beautiful, top notch, amazing work, as usual, AND in stereo too.

Edited by Clunkmeister

I found this whilst browsing, not sure if you had this or it's another Betty Dream............

https://www.worldwarphotos.info/gallery/usa/aircrafts-2-3/b-25-mitchell/b-25j-nose-art-bat-outa-hell-ie-shima-499th-bomb-squad-345th-bg-1945/

Another of a gun bay..........

https://www.worldwarphotos.info/gallery/usa/aircrafts-2-3/b-25-mitchell/b-25j-mitchell-gunship-guns/

Edited by Bomber_County

Wow,

Just looked through it all again, and as usual, Carl's conducting a clinic.

Beautiful, top notch, amazing work, as usual, AND in stereo too.

Thanks Ernie!

Sometimes I do get carried away. At least the other twin I had going (F-4E) is done and off the bench.

Carl

I've got the first one in a book but don't think I've seen the second one before so thanks for sharing.

Guest Maxim

B-25's J's from memory were not painted inside the fuselage except the cockpit. The fuselage interior was left natural aluminum as was the bomb bay,bomb bay doors, landing gear wells and landing gear.

Edited by Maxim